Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Johansen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ryan Johansen

Have to decide between keeping Johansen or going with Toffoli. So how much is Johansen going to get paid?

I assume Toffoli gets somewhere around 4.5 to 5.

But have no clue on Johansen. Decent season at 61 points but he still hasn't hit that extra gear where he was expected to be at or above 70.

What does he get? Comparable to Forsberg at $6? Or do they lock up their #1 center for $7-8?

If it's near 8 i'm leaning towards keeping Toffoli. Toffoli had a bad year with 34 points but I can see him getting back to 50-60 even with the Kings situation going forward.
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

G A SOG PPA PPG PIM HIT BLK
    W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ryan Johansen

MacKinnon got $6.3M and Monahan got $6.375M but those were both after their ELC. Johansen's base salary was $6M this season, so that's the minimum level. He could take $6M for 1 year and hit UFA after that, so if they want to lock him up long-term now, they probably need to be around $7M to have any chance of that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If the Preds go deep and he plays well, his price tag will continue to climb. I can see 7.5/8m if they make the Cup finals and he's anywhere close to pt/gm during the run. the Preds will want him long term. I can't see anything less than 8yrs - 7m. out of this deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

My guess for Ry Jo is 7Mil with term.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

let's not forget that ryjo has already held out once before for more money (albeit with a different team). we all knew when he eventually signed that the catch was the 6mil in the final year, so that's where he's starting for next year. based on his previous negotiations, he seems like one of those players who don't sign contract based on what the market usually is, but rather based on his own self-worth (nothing wrong with that btw). I see no way he isn't making 7mil next seasons. the preds view him as a top line center, and as mentioned above, he isn't coming off his entry level deal, rather his bridge deal, so he definitely expects to get paid now, and they will.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the preds throw a ridiculous number of years at him to try and lower the cap hit. so instead of something like 7.5-8mil for 6 years, he could very well get 8 years at 7mil each. the preds have done well in previous years with signing players to long deals (josi, for example), and if they see ryjo as their number 1 center of the future, they'll give him as much term as they're allowed to (which is 8 years).

The Great One

7-7.5 with term is my guesstimate. Doubt the Preads would want to go higher and doubt that Johansen can push for more if he wants a 5-7 year deal. Preads will do everything to avoid him signing a one year deal IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Preds gave up Jones to bring in their #1C in RyJo. He's going to get paid and with term on this deal. I am expecting $7.5 - 8M for the max term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

at Murray 7 million. minimum. and for full term imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

WHOA BOY! I've been waiting to see this back-room drama play out since the day he signed his last 3 year deal.

Remember this? http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...ntract-demands

"To review, Johansen is a restricted free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets who can’t come to terms on a new deal. The Blue Jackets have offered $6 million on a two-year bridge deal, $32 million for six years and $46 million for eight years. Johansen has countered with a two-year deal worth $13 million, which would be by far the richest bridge deal for a player coming out of his contract without arbitration rights or without receiving an offer sheet."

If Johansen and agent Kurt Overhardt were asking for $6.5M three years ago they are certainly asking for more now. Columbus knew this and made sure they weren't still holding on to him when his contract was up.

If Johansen signs for anything less than $8M I would be shocked.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    WHOA BOY! I've been waiting to see this back-room drama play out since the day he signed his last 3 year deal.

"To review, Johansen is a restricted free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets who can’t come to terms on a new deal. The Blue Jackets have offered $6 million on a two-year bridge deal, $32 million for six years and $46 million for eight years. Johansen has countered with a two-year deal worth $13 million, which would be by far the richest bridge deal for a player coming out of his contract without arbitration rights or without receiving an offer sheet."

If Johansen and agent Kurt Overhardt were asking for $6.5M three years ago they are certainly asking for more now. Columbus knew this and made sure they weren't still holding on to him when his contract was up.

well... one inherent difference I see from then to now. The team. He's in a place now where he believes he can win. that might shave 500k
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I...am your father.

I say Johansen reaches $7 million.
    I also think Toffoli tops 60 points - new coach, fifth year (after whiffing on his fourth), etc.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That makes me want to see what Toffoli signs for as I'd consider keeping him over Johansen if it's 2-3 mil less

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

So............. this changes things now doesn't it? (!)
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

I'm not sure it does... Teams and injuries are always difficult beasts to gauge but most 'classy' organisations usually discount the injuries - especially a bit of a freaky one like this - I expect what I pitched originally still
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

7 years at 7M for RyJo....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).