Thread: Landeskog vs. Jenner - can either one rebound?

The Great One

Default Landeskog vs. Jenner - can either one rebound?

That's among the questions tackled in this week's cage match pitting Gabriel Landeskog against Boone Jenner: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...sappointments/

Is Landeskog a victim of the lousy team around him, or is he simply not as good as he once was? Or maybe he just needs a spark, whether in the form of a trade or tough love? For Jenner, was he a one hit wonder? Is there room for both him and Nick Foligno in the Blue Jacket top six?

I address these questions, plus drawn conclusions from - in this case - some pretty clear data. Give the column a read and be sure to come back here to discuss your thoughts on either or both players, particularly if you own them in your league. Do you see either one as a buy low? Have they both bottomed out? If so, can they climb back to their previous high, or have we already seen the best of these players, whose combined ages don't even total 50?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Landeskog vs. Jenner - can either one rebound?

Any chance this could have been a year of hard knocks from Torts to Jenner? Really pushing him to become a better all around player, taking the prime time from him and making him fully earn opportunities? I don't really follow the CBJ's but with his 3rd/4th line status and no PP time or very little for the first quarter of the year, then incrementally increasing throughout the season - both lines and PP time. I think this is a possibility.

I value them about equal, but I just prefer having a team with a player named BOONE on it. That's one notch in his belt that cannot be quantified.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Any chance this could have been a year of hard knocks from Torts to Jenner? Really pushing him to become a better all around player, taking the prime time from him and making him fully earn opportunities? I don't really follow the CBJ's but with his 3rd/4th line status and no PP time or very little for the first quarter of the year, then incrementally increasing throughout the season - both lines and PP time. I think this is a possibility.

I value them about equal, but I just prefer having a team with a player named BOONE on it. That's one notch in his belt that cannot be quantified.
    These are solid points, but if you look at the data on Jenner you'll see his OZ% dropping each year and a lack of data (team shooting %, IPP) which would otherwise suggest that Jenner is a truly talented player. And that was the case even before Torts entered the picture. Not that it necessarily means Jenner's 2015-16 was a complete fluke, but it's worrisome - even more so with Mr. grudge holder Torts at the helm.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I had Boone for the majority of the year and he left a permanent vomit taste in my mouth. Since he was my only source of HITS and didn't give my anything else, I traded him for pennies on the dollar for a playoff run.

I would chose Landeskog in the battle of the disapointments since his overall team is bad unlike Colombus who played great DESPITE Jenner's production
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Lando wins hands down in this comparison. Hear me out...

-Better perceived and name value. Former Calder trophy winner, 2nd overall pick and captain of the Avalanche.
    -He's shown a hire ceiling in the past. Reached 65 points one season, 59 the year after and two more 50+ seasons to Boone Jenner's lone 49, 30 goal season.
    -He's actually in a better position. There is no way the Avalanche will be any worse then they were this year, he will continue to see prime minutes on their team and could possible be traded.

With all that being said I am not trading for him with the guy who has owned him for 4 years and still thinks he's a 55 to 65 point multi cat stud with upside for more.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Deity

Lando can bounce back. Jenner exceeded expectations last season. I think he can be better than he was this season but I don't expext hom to get near 30G again anytime soon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."