Thread: Barkov vs Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Barkov vs Galchenyuk

How are we viewing these two? Seem pretty similar, I feel barkov is a bit above but how do you guys feel?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Barkov vs Galchenyuk

Barkov for me and it's not really close. Barkov has 70+ potential heading into next season and Galchenyuk is more like 60+, but his situation in Montreal seems a little cloudy at the moment. Barkov is also a year younger.

Dobber Sports Jedi

agreed, Barkov appears to be a full tier above, when/if he can stay on the ice. hard to believe he's still so bloody young, feels like he's been around for a long long time already. you give Barkov a full season, he could give you 75pts. Chucky is still finding his way in Mtl. and until his role becomes solidified I have a difficult time accepting him as anything beyond 60-65pts and awful at faceoffs.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    agreed, Barkov appears to be a full tier above, when/if he can stay on the ice. hard to believe he's still so bloody young, feels like he's been around for a long long time already. you give Barkov a full season, he could give you 75pts. Chucky is still finding his way in Mtl. and until his role becomes solidified I have a difficult time accepting him as anything beyond 60-65pts and awful at faceoffs.
    Agree. A tier ahead at least.

The Great One

Galchenuk under Julien is a bad, bad situation. Give me Barkov here, but a decent margin.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Galchenuk under Julien is a bad, bad situation. Give me Barkov here, but a decent margin.
    Chucky under Therrien was no bed of roses either... maybe... just maybe there's a player issue?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Barkov - he has much better hockey IQ and has been a top pivot for what feels like several seasons now. They both have injury troubles and can't seem to play close to full seasons. They've both had long stretches of point-per-game scoring pace. Barkov went on a tear when he came back from injury this year. Galchenyuk went on a goal-per-game scoring run at the end of last season for like 10-12 games. But Barkov has comparable skill, better smarts, and better situation. He could realistically hit 30G/40A next season, whereas Galchenyuk probably won't come anywhere close to that.

Administrator

I still have a lot of hope for Galchenyuk but Barkov is better now and has an equally-high ceiling.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Barkov will be higher in my draft order next year np doubt...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):