Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guentzel points only next season

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Guentzel points only next season

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Erm?

He hasn't had injury problems at any point in his career. He missed like 3 games with a concussion on a super dirty hit. 10 would be a stretch, let alone 25.
    I've noticed for the playoffs and at the end of the season teams were targeting him to hit in an attempt to disrupt the line. I can see it continuing next year, and something is in the Pittsburgh water I swear.
    Not to mention last information I can find list him as 180 lbs, that seems pretty slender to me, and if he stays that light he is bound to get hurt. I just have a gut feeling he will get hurt. It is fine if you do not think so
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I've noticed for the playoffs and at the end of the season teams were targeting him to hit in an attempt to disrupt the line. I can see it continuing next year, and something is in the Pittsburgh water I swear.
    Not to mention last information I can find list him as 180 lbs, that seems pretty slender to me, and if he stays that light he is bound to get hurt. I just have a gut feeling he will get hurt. It is fine if you do not think so
    I think it's easier to do that type of thing in the playoffs than it is in the regular season.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think it's easier to do that type of thing in the playoffs than it is in the regular season.
    Plus, that's what Hornqvist would be there to dissuade, which hurts Sheary - less so Guentzel.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think you're playing with fire if you predict anything above 60pts for him this year. If you expect/draft him with that - then everything else is gravy. If he ends up with 52-56pts, that's an acceptable disappointment based on expectations. Lessons should have been learned with Ghost last year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'm also fine that we disagree on his likelihood of injury. Everyone sees different stuff, good to have different perspectives

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think you're playing with fire if you predict anything above 60pts for him this year. If you expect/draft him with that - then everything else is gravy. If he ends up with 52-56pts, that's an acceptable disappointment based on expectations. Lessons should have been learned with Ghost last year
    Agree with this. Maybe everyone stays healthy and he turns into a star next season. I think a fully healthy 40 point season is unlikely. But 50 points could happen, and would be a disappointment, but still good. 60 I think is about right, and counting on any more will be overpaying.