Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guentzel points only next season

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Guentzel points only next season

Have a chance to acquire him. Looking at opinions on how many points he will get next year
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Guentzel points only next season

I think around 60. I think he will play all season on Sid's wing and will get more PP1 time than he got this year. Not to mention having some playing time with Letang next season, whereas he was never on Crosby's line with Letang in the lineup.

Dobber Sports Master

As long as he rides shotgun to Sidney Crosby and barring injury, he should bag 60 points with relative ease.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

60 is a pretty safe bet. You will see people penciling him in for anywhere from 45 to 75 though. So if you assume 55-60 then you probably will be pretty safe with your evaluation.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If you have a chance to acquire him, that means his owner is trying to sell high. or at least sell high enough to give him/her comfort. I'd be extra wary of acquiring Guentzel when someone else is doing the selling. And don't forget that just a few weeks ago folks were going gaga over Sheary, who now seems to have lost his flavor of the month status. The fates of Pens wingers can change very quickly, and there's a reason why most don't manage even 60 points in a season.

My advice is to let someone else in your league take fliers on Sheary and Guentzel, since to come out ahead you not only need to be right, but also not pay inflated value.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Star

Dobber figures him and Sheary are both good for 85 points next year if they play with Crosby...

I mean, I come here everyday and buy the guides, but that just seems ludicrous to me. I'm hoping for 65 points from him next year.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll say 50-60 pts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Dobber figures him and Sheary are both good for 85 points next year if they play with Crosby...

I mean, I come here everyday and buy the guides, but that just seems ludicrous to me. I'm hoping for 65 points from him next year.
    Dobber could be right if they play with Crosby, but what if Sprong or someone else bumps them?
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Ace

I like the 55 point range, assuming he stays on Sid's wing, and the two of them can manage to stay healthy together.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by BrianSTC View Post
    Dobber could be right if they play with Crosby, but what if Sprong or someone else bumps them?
    Over the last 5 or so years, I think the league has averaged something like 3 or 4 85 point players per year. Having a full line hit that mark just doesn't seem reasonable to me, even if they play 82 games together. I could see something like 100 for Crosby and 85/60 for the other two, but I don't see both those guys getting what they need to reach really high numbers. I own all 3 of them, so I really hope I'm wrong.

Dobber Sports Sage

55-60 is safe Imo. 75 potential but alot of things have to go right (including more pp time, his health and Crosby / Malkin health). It was nice to see him fitting in well with malkin and Kessel at times in round 1.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If you have a chance to acquire him, that means his owner is trying to sell high. or at least sell high enough to give him/her comfort. I'd be extra wary of acquiring Guentzel when someone else is doing the selling. And don't forget that just a few weeks ago folks were going gaga over Sheary, who now seems to have lost his flavor of the month status. The fates of Pens wingers can change very quickly, and there's a reason why most don't manage even 60 points in a season.

My advice is to let someone else in your league take fliers on Sheary and Guentzel, since to come out ahead you not only need to be right, but also not pay inflated value.
    What the issue is, is separating opportunity from talent. Guentzal is a superior individual talent to Sheary. And not by a small margin. He's bigger (relative), the same speed, his hockey IQ is drastically better, he's far more durable and defensively responsible, and his individual skill set is far superior to Sheary's. He knows how to win board battles with players much bigger than him. He knows how to win body position battles. Sheary is meh. Hornqvist is a better fit on Crosby's wing, Sprong is far superior. Sheary is a good fit with Crosby (like Dupuis), but he's not a must stay top 6 player. He's a placeholder that fits well. Guentzal is a long term top 6 player that's here to stay.

The Great One

Guentzel also comes with the pedigree based on draft position... I like the 55-65 point bracket with everyone else. As others have alluded too though it always comes down to cost when it comes to surging rookies... Don't over pay despite how tempting it may be
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

I figure he will miss 10-25 games so 50-60 points. But if he plays a full season no doubt he could get over 65 points, big IF though
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I figure he will miss 10-25 games so 50-60 points. But if he plays a full season no doubt he could get over 65 points, big IF though
    Erm?

He hasn't had injury problems at any point in his career. He missed like 3 games with a concussion on a super dirty hit. 10 would be a stretch, let alone 25.