Thread: Draisaitl for Mack + Klingber

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Draisaitl for Mack + Klingber

League in my signature.

I've approached the Draisaitl owner to see what it would take to land him and he's come back with Mack + Klingberg. As first glance I thought now way, I'm selling low on both guys but I'd be curious to get some opinions. If I could get him to include one of Klefbom or Chychrun, does it swing the deal in my favor? I'm beginning to worry about Mack.

Thanks!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Draisaitl for Mack + Klingber

While Draisaitl will likely outscore MacKinnon due to situation, the difference between Klingberg and Klefbom/Chychrun/whoever is too great to overcome. I would not make this trade. MacKinnon is a tremendous talent, and still so young, that I would not give up a high end asset like Klingberg just to make what could very easily be a lateral move between Draisailt and MacKinnon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    While Draisaitl will likely outscore MacKinnon due to situation, the difference between Klingberg and Klefbom/Chychrun/whoever is too great to overcome. I would not make this trade. MacKinnon is a tremendous talent, and still so young, that I would not give up a high end asset like Klingberg just to make what could very easily be a lateral move between Draisailt and MacKinnon.
    I agree with this. As an owner of both MacKinnon and Klingberg I would not make this trade - especially given that I still think there is good chance MacKinnon will be better than Draisaitl over the long-term.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

The Great One

If you were acquiring the Mak side I'd be all over that but it's an easy pass for me otherwise
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Magnificent One

Giving up Mac and Klingberg in a true dynasty is a tough pill to swallow - and this is coming from someone who thinks Draisaitl is superb and both Mac and Klingberg will not live up to expectations. If I'm in your shoes, the only way I'm open to something like this is if lands you Draisaitl and at the same time helps your goalie situation.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not so anti- this trade. Especially with the goal bonus. Draisaitl is already a better goal scorer than Mack. You count SOG, so you take a bit of a hit there Mack vs. Drais - although I suspect Draisaitl will begin to close that gap starting next year.

The big question is, who do you replace your 14th keeper with? Would you keep ROR instead? I'd try subbing Schultz or ROR for one of the two pieces he's requested. It sounds like a first offer/ask - so there should be room to negotiate down.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the advice so far guys, it's where I was leaning too. I think right now I'm best to hold Mack and Kling and let their value come back up before considering anything.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Genius

There is something to be said for being the peanut butter to McDavid's jelly.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Mack and Klingberg just a bit more. I agree Drais could be gravy next to mcdavid but he also may move to 2c if Nuge is traded or puljuvarvi comes up and plays as he was expected too
    10 Team Keep 7 + 1 Rookie
    Point's: 1 G 1 A 1.5 W 1.5 SO
    Start:10 fs, 4 D, 1 Goalies
    Daily lineups

Forwards:
    MacKinnon, McDavid, Aho, Teuvo, Schwartz, cirelli, Getzlaf, Zibanajed, Buchnevich, Hoffman, Zucker, Danault, Krejci, Gusev
    D Karlsson, Gustaffson, Letang, Krug, Hronek

Goaltenders:
    Vas, Binnington