Thread: Vesalainen?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Vesalainen?

Why Krisian Vesalainen is rank just 30th? He's big, mobile and good hockey sense. Rank 30th because lack of production but looks good in U18 tourney.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vesalainen?

Quote Originally Posted by Slythefly View Post
    Why Krisian Vesalainen is rank just 30th? He's big, mobile and good hockey sense. Rank 30th because lack of production but looks good in U18 tourney.
    He's had a really difficult season, hasn't taken the step that he was expected to take. He still tries to do too much by himself but I think that can be fixed. His U18 performance probably raises his stock to somewhere around #15. Wingers always need to do a lot to beat centers and D-men at the draft.

Dobber Sports Padawan

http://www.dobberprospects.com/dpr16/

On the latest Dobber Prospects podcast, Grant McCagg couldn't stop raving about Vesalainen. If he falls outside the top 10 he could be a steal.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Expert

Looked good in the U18 but otherwise he did not impress at all during the season. Those tournaments will help his draft position. I will gladly pass on him in my leagues as i try to ignore tournament hypes. His work ethic was questioned a lot during this season. Red flag.

And i must add that McCagg rating is highly subjective and he is very broad with his rankings and goes against the general idea. Patrick at #5 superlow no E.Petersson. Makar, Heiskanen, Vesalainen, Suzuki, Thomas are all very very high. This looks all very what have you done for me latley approach.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Administrator

If work ethic keeps being questioned then people are overreacting. He's 17.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

the main reason he had a rough season was because he was playing against older players. of course, he didn't play well at all, but at least there's an excuse. he was bad at the world juniors as well, but the excuse could be made that his entire team was bad. those were perfectly good reasons why he fell out of the top 30, but after his performance at the U18s, I think he's back in the top 15. I wouldn't go so far to say that if he falls out of the top 10 it'd be a steal, as there are a whole bunch of players I could say that about, and obviously, there's only room for 10 players in the top 10!
    I agree that in general we shouldn't put too much stock into one short tournament, but given the possible excuses for his poor play, and the sheer dominance he displayed in the U18s, i'd say this is an exception to the rule. he was finally playing against players his age, and he absolutely dominated. that's gotta count for something, no? not saying he's gonna go top 5 like grant mccagg has him ranked, but top 15 for sure.