Thread: Keeper help.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper help.

All,

I realize it's entirely too early, but looking at my team I'm trying to decide the 5 to keep for next year. Goalies are a premium in our league.

Thoughts? Will rep for all advice.

Thanks in advance.
    F - MacKinnon (C), Stepan (C), Johansen (C), Marner (C/RW), Wheeler (RW), Lucic (LW), van Reimsdyk (LW), Sedin (LW), Benn (LW), Tkachuk (LW)
    D - Josi, Phaneuf, Muzzin, Hanifin
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

16 Team Keeper League with ESPN - Daily Head to Head
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Utility (Forward or Defense), 3 Bench (1 can be a Goalie), 2 Goalies.
    Non-weighted scoring. Minimum 3 goalie starts per week. Keep 5 players at the end of the year.

Skater Scoring:

Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Scoring:

W, L*, Saves, SO, OTL*, GAA*, Save %*

*Minimum three goalie starts per matchup.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper help.

If goalies are at a premium (and it makes sense based on scoring/settings), then Price and Talbot are musts.

With your setup, especially due to ATOI, I would want to keep a Dman, so that means Josi is in.

Past that, you get 2 of Benn, Wheeler, Marner, Johansen. Benn is a must.

After that it's based on strategy:
    -Give yourself good options for winning now in the draft, take Wheeler who is a strong now play at a weak position.
    -Take the best long term play, and maybe a slight short term hit, Marner.
    -Take the safe play, with Johansen, getting hits, FWs etc as a bonus from him. He will greatly exceed his floor if he starts shooting again.

You don't need to make your final decision now, but those are my thoughts. Explore the trade market too and see what's around.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If goalies are at a premium (and it makes sense based on scoring/settings), then Price and Talbot are musts.

With your setup, especially due to ATOI, I would want to keep a Dman, so that means Josi is in.

Past that, you get 2 of Benn, Wheeler, Marner, Johansen. Benn is a must.

After that it's based on strategy:
    -Give yourself good options for winning now in the draft, take Wheeler who is a strong now play at a weak position.
    -Take the best long term play, and maybe a slight short term hit, Marner.
    -Take the safe play, with Johansen, getting hits, FWs etc as a bonus from him. He will greatly exceed his floor if he starts shooting again.

You don't need to make your final decision now, but those are my thoughts. Explore the trade market too and see what's around.
    Thanks as always for your input. As soon as I spread some more rep out, I'll come back to give some back to you!

I've NEVER kept a Dman in my league. I've always been one of those guys that if it's not one of the main D, I pass.

I'm also such a Tkachuk fanboy, haha. I know I could probably get him in the redraft, but yeah. And as far as G's go, I knew Talbot would be good this year, but it's still tough for me to be all in even though I obviously had him for 2 years now.

I agree with looking at the market. I plan on trying to make another deal. I did get Wheeler back in the draft recently. I also have kept MacKinnon for the last 3 years, so it's so tough for me to let him go!

Ughhhh.
    F - MacKinnon (C), Stepan (C), Johansen (C), Marner (C/RW), Wheeler (RW), Lucic (LW), van Reimsdyk (LW), Sedin (LW), Benn (LW), Tkachuk (LW)
    D - Josi, Phaneuf, Muzzin, Hanifin
    G - ​Price​, Talbot

16 Team Keeper League with ESPN - Daily Head to Head
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Utility (Forward or Defense), 3 Bench (1 can be a Goalie), 2 Goalies.
    Non-weighted scoring. Minimum 3 goalie starts per week. Keep 5 players at the end of the year.

Skater Scoring:

Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Scoring:

W, L*, Saves, SO, OTL*, GAA*, Save %*

*Minimum three goalie starts per matchup.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Price, Talbot, Benn, Wheeler, and either Marner or Josi
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin