Thread: Rank These Goalies!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rank These Goalies!

If you're in the limited keeper league detailed in my signature and you can keep a max of two goalies from the list below, who do you keep & why? Where would you rank each of them amongst all goalies (i.e., top 5, top 10, bottom 15, etc.), given my league stats?

Allen
    Vasilekskiy
    Hellebuyck
    Bishop
    Fleury

I'm in no hurry to move anyone -- in fact, I want to wait until late June / early July to see where Bishop and Fleury land -- but I'm trying to sort out in my head their separate values.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rank These Goalies!

Bishop and Fleury may move up or down depending on where they land. The other three would be ranked as such:
    Allen
    Vas
    Helle

If landing spots are equal, then I have Fleury a touch above Bishop. If landing spots are ideal, then they could slide in just ahead of Vas, but I think it's likely they will end up somewhere that nets them both a spot between 3 and 5 on your list.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Vasilevsky
    Allen (Thanks to coaching change and a new worldclass goalie coach he is emerging in last 3 months, but had a horrible first half)
    Bishop (it depends on where he lands, but he is often injured nowadays, so...)

Fleury (i don't care where he lands, i'm not ready to ranking him better than other three above him)
    Hellebuyck (still young & talented, and he had a trash D in front of himself this year, but has questionmarks)

Goalies ofter are wildcards, wait until you can.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Allen and Vasilevskiy would be the two goalies I keep at the moment. Look at Allen's splits after Hitchcock left as coach - huge difference, and they did not have a good relationship.

Agree, wait until finding out where Bishop/Fleury land before making any final decisions.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

Agree with Ian and EB - those two would be my preference especially as they will still be on two good teams - if MAF and Bishop end up on the likes of Dallas and LV I'm probably not sold enough to keep them but if one goes to Calgary.... Because I really like that D corps probably more than I should - especially if they re sign Stone
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Vasilevskiy and Allen for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Rumors are swirling that Winnepeg could be looking to bring in a goalie short term? Not sure what would happen, but honestly wouldn't be shocked to see MAF or Bishop end up there and try to push them into the playoffs. Personally, trying to put bias aside, I think Allen is at the top of the list, Hellebuyck at the bottom. I'd rank the middle three Bishop/Vas/MAF, but as Eskimo said, that will be changed by where Bishop and MAF end up
    12 team, keep 13 (4 sport league)
    3pts per goal, 2 per assist, 2 per SHG
    5pts per win, 3 per shutout, 0.2 per save, -1 per GA
    Forwards
    Center-Kuznetsov, Matthews, Barkov, Johansen, Guentzel
    LW-Panarin, Voracek, Granlund
    RW-Pavelski, Wheeler, Kane
    Defense
    Shattenkirk, Carlson, Weber, Brodie, Markov
    Goalies
    Murray, Allen, Hellebuyck, Budaj, MAF, Halak

IR-Stamkos

Thanks for the insight, gents. I guess I'll have to wait until early July before making any final decisions on this. Allen and Vas are the guys I'm instinctively drawn to keep (they're young, they're on good teams, they have good pedigrees), but I also know that I should be able to land a sure-fire top 3 goalie if I package one of them with a RW. The issue right now is I have 7 clear keeper worthy players and only six spots.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Jedi

Allen
    Vasil,
    Bishop - if he heads to Dal/Cgy I bump him to#1
    Fleury - same as Bishop but 2nd below Allen
    Helle - not worth a keeper slot as of yet
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

I choose Vasilevsky as number one and Allen as second (they have the best results), while my pick for third place is Hellebuyck. Those are young talents who are already being compared to veterans like Bishop and Fleury.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another vote for Vasilevskiy (1) and Allen (2).

With my situation I have bob as an option for me. Is he better to have then the older guys like bishop fleury and Allen?

The Great One

Same answer to a degree - dictated by where Fleury and Bishop lands IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.