Poll: Ducks or Oilers

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    A neutral assessment - I hate both the Oilers and the Ducks...
    In other news, a fire broke out on an Alberta golf course yesterday, Flames everywhere...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    In other news, a fire broke out on an Alberta golf course yesterday, Flames everywhere...
    Touche! I'd think you'd be impressed that I'm even watching this series. It's actually been very entertaining so far. One the one hand, it's a lot of fun watching Kesler be a pain in the ass for McDavid....on the other hand, I really enjoyed watching him get punched in the head six times during that scrum in game 1...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    A neutral assessment - I hate both the Oilers and the Ducks...

I saw a classic playoff road win last night. The Oilers were thoroughly outplayed and Talbot won the game for them. If the Oilers make it to the finals then Talbot has to be seriously considered for the Smythe. What I don't see is a well-rounded team. I see a team that is taking advantage of a relatively weak, wide-open Western conference, riding superb goaltending and getting good matchups (such as a tired, old Sharks team that had played a lot of hockey over the past year).
    No one wins in the playoffs if they aren't getting timely goaltending. Just ask the Penguins.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Both goalies in game 3 gave up some goals they'd like to have back but man, Gibson stood on his head in this game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

That McDavid goal was ridiculous. I even called my wife down to watch that. Wish I could see Edmonton play more and then the whole Pacific Time zone obstacle.

And put me on the side of being in favor of the Edmonton home jerseys.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    And put me on the side of being in favor of the Edmonton home jerseys.
    An Oilers-Preds match will look positively psychedelic.

Dobber Sports Sage

Anaheim had to play for their lives so result isn't overly surprising. Gibson outplayed Talbo in game 3. In games 1 and 2 Talbot out played Gibson. I have no doubt the goalies will be the difference makers the rest of the way. I had Edmonton in 6 and I still like that prediction.

Oilers have been a good team at home and you gotta think they learned something about their poor start in game 3. I think the oilers should have a big game 4 (McDavid has been building momentum for a few games now and he's well overdue for a 3 point night). Anaheim gets game 5 and the oilers win the series at home.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Once again, Randy pulled down a horseshoe from the sky and got Talbot to let in some VERY shaky, Elliott-like, goals.
    Huh? Anaheim was definitely the better team in Game 3 and deserve credit for playing better and harder in the game than the Oilers. I wouldn't say Carlyle got lucky, and I don't think you'd say Deboer got lucky in Round 1 when Talbot had an off game, or fill in the blank team's head coach got lucky on nights when Talbot happened to have a bad game this year.

100% Talbot would love to have G3 back but its crazy to take away anything from the Ducks. They wanted the game more and carried the play. I give full credit to them, but expect Edmonton to come ready to play in Game 4
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Wizard

The first goal from Anaheim was amazing. I've never seen that done before, and they executed it perfectly. They definitely came to the game ready to play.

Dobber Sports Sage

I clearly don't understand goalie interference.... And then anaheims second goal was clearly offside... I think I'm going to be sick...

Also did. Getzlaf clone himself? Dude is everywhere.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

No question some unfortunate circumstances. What can ya do? I still feel confident the Oilers are winning this game.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I think I'm going to be sick...
    Me too. I'd forgotten what it was like to care so much about your team winning in the playoffs.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Hope the oilers come out flying in the 3ed and get this sucker to OT. I don't work tomorrow.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers could have been swept this series.