Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Trubisky is like "having a every piece to a Ferrari on the floor and you gotta make the car" NFL ready. The pieces are there, all of them, he just needs a lot of coaching. He would be great under like Rogers, Brees, Brady, Rivers or even like Romo (if he was still playing).

I think going to the 49ers right now and starting would be too much for the kid to take in. Shannys playbook, NFL games, and literally learning how to take a snap under center (98% of snaps from the shotgun i think?).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Trubisky is like "having a every piece to a Ferrari on the floor and you gotta make the car" NFL ready. The pieces are there, all of them, he just needs a lot of coaching. He would be great under like Rogers, Brees, Brady, Rivers or even like Romo (if he was still playing).

I think going to the 49ers right now and starting would be too much for the kid to take in. Shannys playbook, NFL games, and literally learning how to take a snap under center (98% of snaps from the shotgun i think?).
    We're totally sure of that based on 13 starts? He doesn't have the physical tools of Cam, not by a long shot. He needs 3 or 4 years before he will be ready to start. You don't take that first overall. Or in the first round, really.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

I am a Niners fan and god I hope they dont take him 2nd overall.

I think they could get someone like Watson, Kizer or Mahomes early in the 2nd round and be just as well off.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am a Niners fan and god I hope they dont take him 2nd overall.

I think they could get someone like Watson, Kizer or Mahomes early in the 2nd round and be just as well off.
    Our teams should swing a deal... Carolina can move up to 2nd overall... and 9ers can move to 8 and take one of our 2nd round picks.

Then the Panthers can get Fournette (if that is who they really want) and the 49ers can get Trubisky around 8 if he is still available, or get a strong defensive player there and still get their QB in the 2nd and have the additional 2nd round pick for another defensive guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Our teams should swing a deal... Carolina can move up to 2nd overall... and 9ers can move to 8 and take one of our 2nd round picks.

Then the Panthers can get Fournette (if that is who they really want) and the 49ers can get Trubisky around 8 if he is still available, or get a strong defensive player there and still get their QB in the 2nd and have the additional 2nd round pick for another defensive guy.
    If I were GM John Lynch, I'd take that offer and run.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Not that this should surprise anyone but I am reading that the Browns WILL take Myles Garrett 1st overall and are still trying to move up from 12th to get Trubisky.

If I were GM John Lynch, I'd take that offer and run.
    IF I was Carolina's GM, I would not want to make that offer... but I think they have big eyes set on Fournette and are afraid that the Jags will take him

The Browns didn't Browns!!!

Man, Myles Garrett is a scary man.

Chris Burke @ChrisBurke_SI 9m

Bears get: No. 2
    49ers get: No. 3, 67, 111 and 2018 third-rounder
    Jeez, the Browns didn't Browns but the Bears sure Bears'd

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The Browns didn't Browns!!!

Man, Myles Garrett is a scary man.
    no but the Bears did brown. Wow.

Dobber Sports Deity

What a slick move for SF. They obviously convinced the Bears they were taking Trubisky.

Instead they got a boatload of picks and still got the player most assumed they would draft anyway.

Win win!

What a slick move for SF. They obviously convinced the Bears they were taking Trubisky.

Instead they got a boatload of picks and still got the player most assumed they would draft anyway.

Win win!
    slick nice for sure. Might be the move of the year in football. Wow
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Titans. Damn. They making good moves. The Jags are gonna Jags, and the Titans are gonna get good. Corey Davis with Mariota is gonna be a stud.

Win win!
    I dunno if Lynch is a good GM, but I know for sure Pace is an awful one, who just got taken to school again.

CHI blew that trade. Dumb move. LOVE the trade downs by SF CLE and BUF. Hate McCaffrey in CAR for fantasy purposes. I like Fournette in JAX but he's gonna have his work cut out for him. Opposing defenses will stack that front and dare Bortles to throw,
    @SmittysRant