Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Some of these trades confuse me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Evan Engram in NY with Eli should be a solid TE fantasy option as well. I am not quite as sold on Njoku now that he's in Cleveland.

I was really hoping Dalvin Cook would get picked by the Lions but they went LB instead. I dont expect Cook to last long in the 2nd round.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku in the first round. Next yrs 1st round, and next yrs Texans 1st round. Browns are actually set up to be good right now.

Plus an immense amount of picks in the later rounds, they could still be gearing up for a trade, Garaoppolo? Just not my Cousins.

Browns….
    Brerows….
    Brearos….
    Bearos….
    Bears…..
    They have no clue what they are doing. Almost 20mil guaranteed to Glennon, those picks used, and a QB that needs serious guidance. No real WR help. This team is going to suck, and won’t even be fun to watch suck.

Bengals, ok they wanted Ross to compliment Green, but at No9? Dudes an injury prone speedster, not worth the 9. Should, and likely could have, traded down.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    CHI blew that trade. Dumb move. LOVE the trade downs by SF CLE and BUF. Hate McCaffrey in CAR for fantasy purposes. I like Fournette in JAX but he's gonna have his work cut out for him. Opposing defenses will stack that front and dare Bortles to throw,

Why don't you like McCaffrey in Carolina for fantasy purposes? It looks like the exact type of offence he could thrive in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Mercy, I just finished reading about the 1st round (on ESPN).
    Sounds absolutely like a bonkers 1st day. I wish I would've watched that!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Mercy, I just finished reading about the 1st round (on ESPN).
    Sounds absolutely like a bonkers 1st day. I wish I would've watched that!!
    It makes for great television! But it was hard to not watch CAps/Pens... definitely did a lot of switching back and forth!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Evan Engram in NY with Eli should be a solid TE fantasy option as well. I am not quite as sold on Njoku now that he's in Cleveland.

I was really hoping Dalvin Cook would get picked by the Lions but they went LB instead. I dont expect Cook to last long in the 2nd round.
    I won't be shocked if Dalvin falls to RD3. Dat athletic profile. I still think Njoku is gonna be a stud, just not this year. Hue is building something. Keep in mind what Eifert did 2 years ago under Hue Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Why don't you like McCaffrey in Carolina for fantasy purposes? It looks like the exact type of offence he could thrive in.
    I don't think Cam or the coaching staff know how to use a talent like McCaffrey. Cam has never thrown to his RB, where McCaffrey thrives. Not to mention their line is terrible, and they don't have creative playcalling. Maybe the worst landing spot in the top 10, unless Shula shows an ability to evolve which so far he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku in the first round. Next yrs 1st round, and next yrs Texans 1st round. Browns are actually set up to be good right now.

Plus an immense amount of picks in the later rounds, they could still be gearing up for a trade, Garaoppolo? Just not my Cousins.

Browns….
    Brerows….
    Brearos….
    Bearos….
    Bears…..
    They have no clue what they are doing. Almost 20mil guaranteed to Glennon, those picks used, and a QB that needs serious guidance. No real WR help. This team is going to suck, and won’t even be fun to watch suck.

Bengals, ok they wanted Ross to compliment Green, but at No9? Dudes an injury prone speedster, not worth the 9. Should, and likely could have, traded down.
    Put me in the camp that thinks the Browns are all-in on Sam Darnold next draft. I don't think they're going to trade for Cousins, or Garoppolo, or draft Kizer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    McCaffrey isn't the problem. He's a stud that could thrive in any scheme. My issue is with Cam, and his lack of a timing and accuracy on the underneath throws which is where McCaffrey will be utilized. That's why the Panthers org originally went out and acquired two giant, plodding, WRs with 80 foot catch radius-es (radia-i ?) in Benjamin and Funchess. The thought being Cam would just hurl the ball up within the vicinity of their wingspans and they would body-catch it.

Also, Cam's never been one to hang on to the ball long enough to check down to his RB without running-off on some improvisational jaunt.

Hopefully he realizes by now that he's too old and it's in his best interest to dump off to his RB rather than take the physical abuse from being tackled. We shall see.
    @SmittysRant

FWIW Axe, if the packers take an RB in round 2, whether it's Mixon or Cook, that is who I would draft at 1.02

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    FWIW Axe, if the packers take an RB in round 2, whether it's Mixon or Cook, that is who I would draft at 1.02
    Cool, thanks for the advice.

My concerns with McCaffery in Carolina is that Cam won't hand him the ball enough because he likes to run with it himself. His accuracy isn't a concern to me as much as the others, but it's McCaffery's opportunity to get the ball from the backfield is my main concern with his new situation.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Any thoughts on Cook going to Minny and Mixon to Cincy?

At this point, toss up between Corey Davis and McCaffrey. Depends if you want an RB or WR. RB wise, McCaffrey is the best gamble as far as I'm concerned. But Davis is going to be the #1 for an on the ride stud QB. He has all the tools to be a force with little completion for targets, and a longer career lifespan.

Me personally, I would take Davis. I wouldn't argue with McCaffrey though, and I wouldn't consider any other players.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    At this point, toss up between Corey Davis and McCaffrey. Depends if you want an RB or WR. RB wise, McCaffrey is the best gamble as far as I'm concerned. But Davis is going to be the #1 for an on the ride stud QB. He has all the tools to be a force with little completion for targets, and a longer career lifespan.

Me personally, I would take Davis. I wouldn't argue with McCaffrey though, and I wouldn't consider any other players.
    So I take it you aren't a fan of Mixon's or Cook's landing spots either LOL!

I like Mixon in CIN long term. Hill is a JAG and replaceable. Gio is a very reliable RB2 for his term but will never be able to handle a 20+ carry role. Mixon will provide another receiving weapon for Dalton too, in addition to Gio, AJ, Eifert, and John Ross so I really like Dalton's ADP value in all fantasy formats. The Bengals organization was able to draft Mixon because their existing depth at the position, while not elite, is more than serviceable should Mixon mess up again.

Cook to MIN is a weird one for me. Obvioulsy the lead back there, and has some receiving ability too.But his catches were all out of the backfield in college. He was very rarely split out wide ala Mccaffrey. So given how horrible that MIN OL was last year, Cook may have extreme variable fantasy production week-to-week which may make him a better RB2 for the short term.
    @SmittysRant