Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Best Friend - RIP

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: My Best Friend - RIP

Thanks guys for everything. Walking thru my front door with no one to greet me was pretty tough.

We are getting better every hour.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

I hope is thread has been cathartic for GinFizz and the other people who have posted, but man, it may be the saddest thread I have ever read on this forum.

I didn't tell this earlier, but I still struggle to speak without my voice cracking about my childhood dog, Boomer. Had him from the age of 6 until I was in university at age 22. Came home one year to find him blind and struggling with incontinence; his kidneys were failing. When we took him to the vet for the last time, I spent about an hour in the car afterwards crying before I could drive home. Hard to talk about, but if it helps someone realize that they aren't alone then I hope it is worth it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

It has been cathartic and thank you Bottlenecker and everyone else for sharing your story.

I was supposed to go for a walk this morning.........never happened...... Miss you bud.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

The Great One

One piece of advice I've heard from others - have more than one pet at all times. That won't cushion the blow by much when one dies, and you'll have sadness in the surviving pet, but that way you can pretty much ensure that there's never a total void.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Sorry for your loss! Miniature Schnauzers are great friends buddy.

And Congrats on the new family member... you have a great dog in heaven that will be your new baby's watch dog!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Really sorry to hear about your loss man. I've never had a pet but if I did for any significant length of time I'm sure it'd hit me as if they were family.

Congrats on the baby girl! Say goodbye to your free evenings watching hockey lol

Dobber Sports Genius

My condolences man, I have been there it hurts.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Giant

condolences. it sucks I know. had to put one of my newfies (lundy) down yesterday.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorry for your loss GinFizz.

We had to make the same tough decision last June with our beloved husky/shepherd mix, also named Murphy. She was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer in her spleen and was with us only 6 weeks after her diagnosis. Both my wife and I agreed we would not let her suffer so we made the same hard decision.

My eyes welled up every day when I thought of her until about a month ago, but now when I think of her I smile. She brought so much love and enjoyment to our house as I am sure your Murphy did as well.

Congrats on your new arrival due shortly. Hopefully another Murphy is in your future for your new arrival in a few years!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    condolences. it sucks I know. had to put one of my newfies (lundy) down yesterday.

Im sorry to hear that kevin. MY condolences... #lovenewfs...

Maine Moose 2021-2022

I...am your father.

Sorry to see this GinFizz. One of the toughest days of my life was putting down my pet
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

May your best friend rest in peace.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My friend Fizz. I missed this post Back in April. My condolences. I guess I was a little distracted myself as I near year and a half walk on egg shells with my 14.5 year old black lab was coming to an end. My silence was more me walking along side your experience Fizz. We put down our black beauty, Gryphon, on June 1st. My first direct experience with having to make the decision and follow through with it.

As hard as it was, and while we were surrounded with family and loved ones, at that particular moment it was just me and her. That was powerful for me and in some strange way...comforting.

But identify with the lonely return to home and instinct to reach down with my last bite of breakfast and find nothing.

I know it's more a matter of when and not if, but I do expect to take this journey with new pet again. Not a replacement experience, but another opportunity that share with another life what I learned over the 14+ years with my ole girl.

Anyway. Just wanted to pass along my condolences. I can only hope it continues to get better for you as I hope for myself.

Dobber Sports Wizard

sorry for your loss, its never easy no matter circumstances...