Thread: what are your gp's limits set at for minors ?

Dobber Sports Master

Default what are your gp's limits set at for minors ?

what does your league use for a games limit restriction to qualify to be placed on farm teams ?

I've used 70 for skaters , 35 for goalies for a long time but every once in awhile a situation arises where an nhl team sends a player to AHL but he cant be assigned into a minors spot in my leagues because he's surpassed our minors gp limitations .An example of this would be Duclair during the 16-17 season .

I've wondered if raising gp limits to 100 for skaters , 50 for goalies would help lessen these situations but when I look at Duclair specifically he played 18 for ny+81 for az+ whatever during the beginning of 2016-17 season before being assigned to AHL which would surpass even a league with 100 gp limit .

There are other examples over the previous seasons where lifting it to 100/50 would have helped the situation though .

another idea I had would be to simply allow gm's to submit a request to have me manually assign someone in duclairs situation into a minors spot / but call him up asap once he returns to nhl but I'd hate to add a layer of manual transactions & have to babysit a short list of players that I've allowed to put into a minors spot manually .

just curious to see what some other leagues do .......

The Great One

Default Re: what are your gp's limits set at for minors ?

Taken from our rules.

Farm Roster Eligibility
    Farm roster eligibility is determined by the cumulative total of NHL games played in an individual player?s career. Current eligibility is set to a career total of 50 NHL games (cumulative across multiple seasons):
    0-49 career NHL games played = eligible for Farm Roster
    50+ career NHL games played = not eligible for Farm Roster

3.5.3 A player eligible for Farm Roster allocation may remain as a farm designate beyond their 49th NHL game provided he was placed on the Farm Roster prior to his 49th game.

Example: Player A has 45 career NHL games played. He is farm eligible. At the start of the 2014/15 season, Player A is placed on the Farm Roster. Player A may remain on the Farm Roster for the entirety of the 2014/15 NHL season (82 games). The player will not be considered eligible for the Farm Roster during the 2015/16 NHL season thereafter as total career NHL games has exceeded the Farm Roster threshold.

3.5.4 A Farm Roster player may be called up to the Active Roster at any time, but cannot be returned to the farm roster in the same NHL season. As long as the eligibility for assignment has not been passed (50 or greater games), a player may start multiple seasons on the Farm Roster.

Dobber Sports Giant

4c. Eligibility to be put on farm = under 250 NHL games played. (Refer to rule 4f.)
    from or rules.
    there are a few other stipulations for us to put guys on our farm but that's the games played limit. it's a lot but we all have large teams and it's a very active league with lots of trading right through the off-season. having a few throw ins from the farm is always helpful to get deals done.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Administrator

In my league (24 teams, 27 farm spots) the limit is 160 for skaters and 80 for goalies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust