Thread: Defencemanly Challenge

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Defencemanly Challenge

My knowledge of offensive defenceman is very limited so I was hoping to have a few questions asked.
    1. Does the change at coach possibly effect Risto and his powerplay numbers?
    2. With Maccavoy coming up for playoffs how long till he takes over Krug job?
    3. Will Parayko actually get pp1 time next year with no SK?
    4. From this list which of these guys would you buy/hold/sell (I own the first 4):
    Parayko
    Yandle
    Hamilton
    Krug
    Risto
    Kling
    Trouba
    Mccavoy
    Morrisy
    Honda
    Lindell
    Josi
    OEL

Sorry for such the long post. League would be same stats as league in sig
    10 Team Full Keeper.
    Goals:3, Assist:2, PPP/SHP: 1, Hit: .2, Sog: .2 ,Blocks: .2
    Win:3, Shutout: 2, Save: .2, GoalAgainst: -1

Forwards: Gadreau, Monohan, Draisaitl,
    P.Kane,Pastranek,Panarin,Bergeron,Voracek,Kuznetso v,huberdeau

Defence: Hamilton,Doughty,Josi ,Ghost

Goalies: Bob,Helleybuck,Rittich

Farm: Kratsov,Q.Hughes, Suzucki, Whalstrom, puljarvi

Head to Head points based. Keep 3F,2D,1G
    Goals2,Assist1,Gwg1,Hatrick3,ShG1,SGWG1,Pim.2,+/- .5, Ppg1,Shg2

F: Gadreau,Ehlers,Johansen
    D:Risto,Parayko
    G:Vasilevski

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Defencemanly Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    My knowledge of offensive defenceman is very limited so I was hoping to have a few questions asked.
    1. Does the change at coach possibly effect Risto and his powerplay numbers?
    2. With Maccavoy coming up for playoffs how long till he takes over Krug job?
    3. Will Parayko actually get pp1 time next year with no SK?
    4. From this list which of these guys would you buy/hold/sell (I own the first 4):
    Parayko
    Yandle
    Hamilton
    Krug
    Risto
    Kling
    Trouba
    Mccavoy
    Morrisy
    Honda
    Lindell
    Josi
    OEL

Sorry for such the long post. League would be same stats as league in sig
    Woah, what a list of Qs. Each one could be their own thread.

1. Absolutely. Risto is their best D and he isn't going anywhere, but his offensive numbers improved a lot under Bylsma. How he does will depend on deployment but also the system used by the new coach.
    2. 3 years. McAvoy is a great prospect but Krug is just hitting his prime and I think he has better offensive skill than Charlie M.
    3. He will split time with AP who is no offensive slouch.
    4. Buy Risto, Trouba, Morrisey and OEL. Hold Josi, Kling. Sell Yandle and Honka. Lindell is a hold I guess but he will be a solid D, without the high upside of some of the others on the list..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Superstar

you hold Hamilton and Krug you sell high on Parayko with the potential situation he'll have and Yandle as well while the name is still sorta premium. Krug is not losing his spot anytime soon he is a great offensive producing defender. With Risto he is too good and too valuable in a league with your scoring cat, that his owner has to retain and pray it remains in line with what we saw this season, the kid is young and can handle the minutes. No other defender close to him on that squad makes for positive signs but they go sign a Shattenkirk let's say hypothetically and then you must worry.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with both of the comments above. Moving Parayko or Yandle to try and grab Risto would be great for you.
    I will say that I don't know if it takes 3 years for McAvoy to take over in BOS though. He looked really good, and Krug has trouble staying healthy. Especially with bringing McAvoy along in a slightly more sheltered role, then he may not take too long putting up numbers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Risto is poised to be a very, very special player, especially in your league which is a multi-cat. His trajectory into becoming a star shouldn't be hampered by any coach.

McAvoy is poised to be a very good all-around defensman. But in fantasy, I'm not loving most all-around defensmen, since they often get tasked with tough assignments and minutes. Meanwhile, Krug is a very talented offensive-minded defenseman whom I think will continue to be leaned on in that role even as McAvoy might mature and improve.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah just wasn't sure if the coach change was something that people are worrying about at all. Similar to some of the seguin worry. I am trying hard to get Risto. I'm just trying to see if my defence could be more talented from what it was . I will be going for others aswell but also trying to get a best possible "young" group