Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what is alex galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: what is alex galchenyuk

Quote Originally Posted by vallaird View Post
    Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Colorado for Duchene and Soderberg ? Colorado top 5 would be Landeskgog, Galchenyuk, Rantanen, Jost and one of Nolan Patrick or Hischier.
    I would imagine the Avs and Habs both would have done this type of deal at the deadline. Now with the off season here I think the Habs have missed their chance to land Duchene. There will be more options and buyers for Sakic.

If the Habs want Duchene its probably costing them Sergachev.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    If you go in with that expectation, you won't be disappointed. I think the last Habs skater to hit over 70 was Kovalev, no? Galchenyuk is a decent player but don't lose sleep over the idea of him hitting more than 60 pts.
    Plekanec in 2009/2010 if you're considering 70+ as he had 70. More than that was Kovalev as mentioned in 07/08

Dobber Sports Prodigy

His ice time is directly linked to his defensive zone play. IMO he could score 65 if he starts improving on D.
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

His injury completely wrecked his season.

HE could be a 70 point player if he would have stayed with Pacioretty and Radulov all season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Colorado for Duchene and Soderberg ? Colorado top 5 would be Landeskgog, Galchenyuk, Rantanen, Jost and one of Nolan Patrick or Hischier.
    And that one guy by the name of MacKinnon.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would imagine the Avs and Habs both would have done this type of deal at the deadline. Now with the off season here I think the Habs have missed their chance to land Duchene. There will be more options and buyers for Sakic.

If the Habs want Duchene its probably costing them Sergachev.
    Ron Fournier (like it or not) told this weekend on radio that the asking price from Sakic was Beaulieu + Sergachev + 1st round pick vs Duchene.
    Bergevin declined (per Fournier).

While Duchene would have help the Habs right now (in the palayoffs), it's still a high price to pay to land a 41-point-center...
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Guru

That's way too high a price. I wouldn't trade Sergachev straight up for Duchene, much less add to it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Jedi

They haven't held the lottery yet. They can still drop out of the top 2 picks. Which would be a mammoth SUCK for Sakic & Co.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    That's way too high a price. I wouldn't trade Sergachev straight up for Duchene, much less add to it.
    What exactly is Sergachev? A maybe top 4 D? He's much less valuable than Duchene right now.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What exactly is Sergachev? A maybe top 4 D? He's much less valuable than Duchene right now.
    Agree with you!
    During last playoffs, Duchene > Sergachev, Duchene > Beaulieu, Duchene > 1st round pick.
    Duchene would have help the Habs in this playoffs way more than the 3 assets Sakic was commanding.
    But, right now (in the off season) can Bergevin package these 3 assets to get more than Duchene? Can he add Galchenyuk to get an even bigger return?
    Points only:

[T] Edmonton
    [G]

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lets be honest that 1st round pick is better off in Colorado's hands than Montreal's. One of the worst 1st round drafting teams over the past decade. They should trade it just save themselves from another bust.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Agree with you!
    During last playoffs, Duchene > Sergachev, Duchene > Beaulieu, Duchene > 1st round pick.
    Duchene would have help the Habs in this playoffs way more than the 3 assets Sakic was commanding.
    But, right now (in the off season) can Bergevin package these 3 assets to get more than Duchene? Can he add Galchenyuk to get an even bigger return?
    For example? The pieces have to be there on the other side too. How many better players are available than Duchene? Most teams don't trade #1 centers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    For example? The pieces have to be there on the other side too. How many better players are available than Duchene? Most teams don't trade #1 centers.
    I don't have any exemple...
    I was not saying that he could get a better center/player than Duchene or that there is a better one available...
    I was just asking the question at large, just to start a discussion/debate...
    I would add (again to start a discussion/debate) that I would be all in to land Tavares. As long as Price is not included in the trade, give the Islanders everything they want to get that #1 center. I know, I know, anyone can dream...
    Points only:

[T] Edmonton
    [G]

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Agree with you!
    Sure, during a six-game series, Duchene would have been a better NHL player than three guys not playing in the NHL. That's not what's at issue. You can't look at those two weeks and make a decision based on that.

Duchene is a 55-point guy making $6 million a year and is a free agent in 2019. The last thing Montreal needs is to trade a top-10 pick a year after drafting him. The Habs have already gone down this road once with Gomez/McDonagh. The Habs don't have a lot in their system. It make no sense to trade some of the youth/prospects unless you get a sure thing. And Duchene is far from a sure thing.

Besides, what guarantee is there that Duchene would have even made an impact in the Habs series against the Rangers? There were a lot of passengers on the Habs for the past two weeks. I don't automatically assume that Duchene would have been the solution to fix that.

I wouldn't mind Duchene in Montreal, but not at a steep price. Let's not overpay for a mediocre centre.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Wh..what?!?!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"