Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what is alex galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: what is alex galchenyuk

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Wh..what?!?!
    It's true. I realize I am sorely in the minority on this, but as I mentioned, it makes no sense to trade a top-10 pick a year after picking him for an average centre just because the team needs a centre.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ultimately, the disconnect is an evaluation of Duchene. You think he's a 55 point 2nd line center, I (and others) think that's his downside. You clearly think Sergachev is going to be a top pairing defenceman, I think that's a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

This has diverted from Galchenyuk a lot lol. This team also isn't built to wait 4 or 5 years for Sergachev to be a stud.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Ultimately, the disconnect is an evaluation of Duchene. You think he's a 55 point 2nd line center, I (and others) think that's his downside. You clearly think Sergachev is going to be a top pairing defenceman, I think that's a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

This has diverted from Galchenyuk a lot lol. This team also isn't built to wait 4 or 5 years for Sergachev to be a stud.
    I don't necessarily think Serg will be a top-pairing dman. But he has the potential to be, and I'd not rather give that up for someone like Duchene.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Jedi

what happened to Chucky? I mean, this was a thread about him, NOT DUCHENE.

so in a likely failed attempt of re-routing the thread, i'll avoid any deep thought response.

Chucky's an enigma... no coach can figure out what they have, where he should/can play. Is there a commitment issue?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't necessarily think Serg will be a top-pairing dman. But he has the potential to be, and I'd not rather give that up for someone like Duchene.
    Fair enough, I don't think Sergachev being a top pairing D 4 or 5 years form now is that beneficial to MTL, based on how their team is set up.

- - - Updated - - -

I think MTL needs to find someone willing to treat Galchenyuk the way Dallas has treated Seguin. High OZ start, good linemates, limited defensive responsibility. Someone else to take draws. Etc. Stop trying to make him a complete center, and let him do what he does well.

Dobber Sports Sage

Chucky is going to figure this out if he stays healthy. Things were going very well for him late last year and early this season as the top line centre. Injuries got in the way and he just couldn't recover or find his spot in the line up when he came back.

Montreal should stand pat here and give him a fresh start again next season as the no 1 center (should be his to lose). I don't think Duchene is a marked improvement and certainly wouldn't be adding a young d man like sergachev. They can afford to give it one more season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    what happened to Chucky? I mean, this was a thread about him, NOT DUCHENE.

so in a likely failed attempt of re-routing the thread, i'll avoid any deep thought response.

Chucky's an enigma... no coach can figure out what they have, where he should/can play. Is there a commitment issue?
    I think the problem with Galch is half his fault and half Therein's fault. Therien would keep giving tons of ice time to veterans no matter how offensively challenged they were or how many mistakes they made. But young guys, if they made a mistake their ice time was cut or they were healthy scratched. Dale Weise basically spent his entire Habs time on the top line.

That's why you hear a lot about Montreal's young guys not playing with confidence. I think they were/are too scared to make a mistake. Galch, Beaulieu, Tinordi and others. But it is up to the players to fight through that.

Dobber Sports Stud

I liked Bergevin's analogy to an alcoholic, who won't get better unless he first admits he has a problem.