Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kadri hit on Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Kadri hit on Ovechkin

RT and Forum said what I was going to follow up with. He was skating forwards... Also stating you do not feel he was targeting the knee's is a matter of opinion and unfortunately past precedence with Kadri indicates he was more likely going for the knees then he wasn't.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    What "precedence" ?
    A head hit suspension and diving fine ? That means he must have targeted the knee??

Wow, sure glad you aren't a judge.
    I think he's referring to the precedence of Kadri being, in general terms, a sometimes dirty and often gutless player. Those tendencies + the questionable nature of his hit = a pretty natural conclusion that he knew what he was doing.

Wasn't a clean hit, but by far wasn't the worst low bridge check I've seen. Guys like Emelin, Keith, etc throw hits like that every game.

Dobber Sports Genius

Who cares either way Toronto is out golfing and the Caps continue on with meaningful games. Sour grapes and sore losers. The center of hockey universe can go back into it's hole again.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First of all, pretty sure it's precedents, not precedence.

Secondly, Kadri is a ____ disturber, yes, and players like that are always playing on the edge. It doesn't mean they are dirty and/or trying to hurt guys. Was the hit illegal? Maybe. Ask 100 objective people and I think the vote comes up close to 50/50.
    Was it dirty? Well, again, it might have been illegal, but I don't think that means it was dirty.
    As another poster brought up high sticking, I'll use that as an example. Almost all high sticking penalties (edit: sb incidents) are illegal, but I would argue that very few of them are dirty.
    I don't believe Naz is a dirty player. To call him dirty would be saying he attempted to hurt Ovi, and I don't believe that for a second. There's really no proof to suggest otherwise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69pBb2nFi9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EIuCrKYxgk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5PU64wkras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2CiBJSxVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPq63A3svTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ZHQKaU1Hc

"No evidence that Kadri is dirty or trying to hurt guys"

Dobber Sports Pro

LOL

also, shoutout to Gilmour for the grammar lesson... it's definitely "precedents"

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    LOL

also, shoutout to Gilmour for the grammar lesson... it's definitely "precedents"
    Your right nobody understood what I meant so I am glad he cleared that up for everyone

Dam Leaf fans the art of deflection is strong with these one's.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually liked Toronto before this series. Everyone always told me the stories on how the media made them their darlings and how their fans are awful homers but they have been irrelevant for so long I dismissed it. Were in for some brutal years ahead of us boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Your right nobody understood what I meant so I am glad he cleared that up for everyone

- - - Updated - - -

I actually liked Toronto before this series. Everyone always told me the stories on how the media made them their darlings and how their fans are awful homers but they have been irrelevant for so long I dismissed it. Were in for some brutal years ahead of us boys!
    Yes

Dobber Sports Stud

WTF.. Big Ev would have been roasted for defending players on his team.

Homers abound.....

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Taking some liberties with the quotation marks there, my friend.

I'm not sure what you've attempted to prove there, other than the fact that Kadri is difficult to play against because of his style of play.
    I think I've very clearly shown Kadri regularly throws illegal and dirty hits with a specific intent to injure the opposing player. It's indeed quite obvious.

Dobber Sports Genius

My $0.02.

That hit was unessecarily low, whether it was intentionally dirty or not is practically irrelevant.

Kadri was in position to make a shoulder to the chest hit which he should have done. He didn't.

He wasn't in position to make a hip check. If he was then the height of the hit might be reasonable.

Ovechkin was hurt on the play as far as far as I'm concerned. When he first picked his head up off the ice after sucking it up for a bit it appears that he has some serious anger about what just happened. If he was actually not hurting much at all he would be on the PP 100%.

I don't like the hit. It was way too low and looked like clipping to me.

That said, I don't think it was an intentionally dirty play. I didn't watch all the links to Kadris "dirty plays" cause I'm on my phone but the ones that are in my memory are more of the hot-head kind of plays.

I don't see that intention in this hit but it's still unacceptable regardless.

Also, Don Cherry can be a heck of a guy at times but too many of his opinions are also archaic, including his oppuonion of this hit.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Superstar

Who cares either way Toronto is out golfing and the Caps continue on with meaningful games. Sour grapes and sore losers. The center of hockey universe can go back into it's hole again.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, who was talking about sour grapes?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Don Cherry said it was clean... Not sure why there is still debate?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Haha good one.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I just listen to cherry for entertainment value, same guy who ripped into the leafs organization because they drafted Nick Ritchie over William Nylander.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Don Cherry is a very biased man, same guy who said the leafs should have drafted Nick Ritchie over William Nylander.
    he's also worn a Bruins tie and habs tie - with a blood splatter jacket this playoffs. He's old and crazy. But if there's one thing he knows... it's hitting ... right?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4