lol Kadri reacted like he stepped on a landmine

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kadri hit on Ovechkin

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    lol Kadri reacted like he stepped on a landmine
    Oh yeah he 100% made sure the Refs saw it (head snapped back like a basketball player). But I still think he was holding his hammy not his knee.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh yeah he 100% made sure the Refs saw it (head snapped back like a basketball player). But I still think he was holding his hammy not his knee.
    1) No need to compare the faking to other sports like basketball. It happens every game in hockey.
    2) I don't care if he was grabbing his hammy, his knee or hit nuts. He still embellished big time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I understand having the homer glasses for your team but that was such a dirty hit. Usually hip checks are done when the defender is skating backwards not going head to head then making the principal point of contact the knee. This is hockey not the WWF so Goldberg (Kadri) was clearly going out to injure.

The second point about Ovi is embellishing to get the call is also ridiculous, as others have pointed out he's not the type to play such games and even if he did he would of just laid on the ice got the penalty then came back to play the power play. There is no way he's leaving a playoff game if he doesn't have too. Look at his leg during that hit, it was savage, a lesser player would of been out the rest of the season.

Third Kadri was completely diving not saying the play didn't hurt but the way he took to the ice was completely unnatural looking. No way your bucking like horse if slashed like that.

Last resources like Don Cherry to back up how the hit was clean are laughable. Cherry has been great for the game but he hasn't said anything relevant for years. His old Rockem Sockem movies are full of suspend able hits in today's NHL.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Kadri did another swan dive last night LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Does anybody still think that the primary point of contact was above the knee?

Rylant
    Just because the initial point of contact is on his knee doesn't mean he intentionally targets the knee.

It's a hip check for god sake... where did you expect first point of contact to be... his face?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Just because the initial point of contact is on his knee doesn't mean he intentionally targets the knee.

It's a hip check for god sake... where did you expect first point of contact to be... his face?
    Hip check? It was a forward skating hip check or as I would like to refer it as diving at somebodies knees/lower body. There is no reason he had to go low.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sorry I edited it and didn’t change it.

He hits him bottom of the pants where there’s no padding (6” above the knee – ish). But when he goes down he’s holding his hamstring not his knee, in my eyes at least.

As for the hit, I know that’s going to be called in today’s NHL, but if the hit is square on and not only on Ovis knee I don’t think it’s called. And it is only on Ovis knee because he tries to get out of the way. Also because it’s Kadri I think. He’s made a reputation for himself.

As for the moot point, I don’t go on Dobber usually on the weekends so I decided I would have just liked to talk about it. Curious if there’s any ill-effects to Ovi moving onto the next round. He came out flying tho when he came back.

How come the result of this "hip check" is Kadri's arm and shoulder making all the contact? Shouldn't it be his hip? Maybe you don't know what a hip check is? It usually involves making contact with your hip.

The "Ovi moved" defense is so weak. Ovi didn't jump up or crouch down. He maybe tried to move out of the way of the hit, but he didn't change his body level. Kadri is targeting knees. One knee, both knees, it's really irrelevant, and sad that it's the only part TML homers can fall back on as their argument.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Hip check? It was a forward skating hip check or as I would like to refer it as diving at somebodies knees/lower body. There is no reason he had to go low.
    This is the part I agree with most. No reason at all. Dirty hit.

Dobber Sports Star

In this thread, I never said the knee was targeted, I said it was the primary point of contact. Unless Kadri posts on these boards, whether or not he "targeted" Ovechkin's knee will all be speculation by any other poster here. I think there is a lot of evidence pointing to Kadri targeting the knee; you don't. That's fine. I also understand that "Point of view" is something that can bias somebody's opinion of the situation, and even though I am an Oiler Fan, I really try to look at claims of dirty plays by Oilers, as unbiased as I can. I don't have a problem saying that an Oiler did something they shouldn't have, and in this case, I think what Kadri did was pretty shitty. I hope that Leaf's fans can look at this objectively.

I also appreciate a huge hit as much as the next guy. I think a textbook "hip check" is a thing of beauty; however, as people have pointed out, they are usually hip to torso.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would love to see how accurate you guys are skating backwards at 20-30mph with your butt high up in the air trying to target someone's specific torso who's coming at you with the same speed.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Cherry loved the hit... One of the best he's ever seen!..
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I would love to see how accurate you guys are skating backwards at 20-30mph with your butt high up in the air trying to target someone's specific torso who's coming at you with the same speed.
    Couple things there. He was skating forward, not backwards, which really changes the entire mechanics of the hit. Secondly, wasn't skating anywhere close to that fast. Thirdly, targeting a level of a body vs. a specific body part is much different. It's really not that hard to bend to waist height instead of knee height, even at full speed.

But again, you obviously can't take your glasses off, so there's really no point in continuing to discuss the very clearly dirty hit.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I honestly don't think it was dirty. Naz is a lippy little diving dirtbag sometimes, but he's not the kind of player to target a knee.
    I think he meant to hip check legally and it ended up being slightly lower than he thought it was. Part of it was how Ovi braced for the hit, and part of it is doing these things during the speed of game-play... I just don't feel there was any kneeing intent. The refs obviously agreed, as he would have been kicked out of the game and suspended otherwise.
    Players usually don't intend to high stick people, but that doesn't change the legality of it when they do it.

But yea, setting the standard as what the refs call and how the league hands out suspensions is for sure the most accurate way to determine if something is dirty. They definitely always get that shit right and are never wrong.

Dobber Sports Star

Ugh, he wasn't skating backwards. Which is why so many are disagreeing with you when you refer to it as a hip-check.