Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canucks sign Jonathen Dahlen to ELC

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Canucks sign Jonathen Dahlen to ELC

Nothing about him coming to the AHL/NHL next year or staying in Sweden or not at this time.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/855497446826418176

The Canucks signed promising Swedish prospect Jonathan Dahlen to an entry-level deal. http://sprtsnt.ca/2ocOaYx
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Canucks sign Jonathen Dahlen to ELC

is this teh kid that racked up a shit-ton of points this last WJHC? or was that Dahlin?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Master

From the connected article:

It’s been a good hockey season for the 19-year-old, who registered 25 goals and 19 assists with Timra IK to earn the “Golden Cage” as HockeyAllsvenskan’s best junior player. He also represented Sweden on the international stage, earning six points in seven games at the 2017 world juniors including a hat trick in round-robin play.

I think it's the guy...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    is this teh kid that racked up a shit-ton of points this last WJHC? or was that Dahlin?
    Not really a shit-ton but 5 goals in 7 games isn't bad (although he only added 1 assist). This is the guy Vancouver got for Burrows.

Rasmus Dahlin on the other hand is the slick offensive D-man who could go 1st overall in the 2018 NHL Entry draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Yes, it's the forward. Dahlin is the Dman.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

Rasmus Dahlin on the other hand is the slick offensive D-man who could go 1st overall in the 2018 NHL Entry draft.
    Thaaaaaat's who Dahlin is... I knew I saw that name somewhere.... Dahlen seems like a decent prospect. Who knows down the line but there are certainly spots up for grabs in VAN.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

if he signs, I think it's expected he comes over... unless they can loan him back - ala Ek Eriksson
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if he signs, I think it's expected he comes over... unless they can loan him back - ala Ek Eriksson
    They can definitely loan him back to Sweden if they want to. A season in the SHL wouldn't be bad at all but he probably can play at the AHL level as well already, so that's not a bad option either. They can make that decision after the training camp and pre-season, so getting him signed now hurts no one.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There's an out clause in his contract reportedly that allows him to go back to Sweden if he doesn't make the Canucks NHL squad, but he might go to AHL as well or even make the NHL team; the Canucks could certainly use some young talent! Dahlen projects as a top-line center with outstanding playmaking ability one day, so definitely good signing for Vancouver

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    There's an out clause in his contract reportedly that allows him to go back to Sweden if he doesn't make the Canucks NHL squad, but he might go to AHL as well or even make the NHL team; the Canucks could certainly use some young talent! Dahlen projects as a top-line center with outstanding playmaking ability one day, so definitely good signing for Vancouver
    Sorry, what? Dahlen is a winger, he only took 20 faceoffs all season (11th most on his team). He's also a goal-scorer much more than a playmaker; 25 goals vs 19 assists - high-volume shooter, by far more SOG than any other player on his team and 2nd most in the league. I've also never seen anyone projecting him to top-line, more of a complementary top-9 player.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Sorry, what? Dahlen is a winger, he only took 20 faceoffs all season (11th most on his team). He's also a goal-scorer much more than a playmaker; 25 goals vs 19 assists - high-volume shooter, by far more SOG than any other player on his team and 2nd most in the league. I've also never seen anyone projecting him to top-line, more of a complementary top-9 player.
    He's a winger for sure, but his upside is trending very nicely towards a top six player.

I think he will continue to turn heads next season and sniff some NHL ice at points. He has legitimate upside.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    He's a winger for sure, but his upside is trending very nicely towards a top six player.

I think he will continue to turn heads next season and sniff some NHL ice at points. He has legitimate upside.
    Oh, I agree that he has top-6 upside but I think a top-9 projection is realistic right now. He has yet to play in a high-level league, so it will be interesting to see where and how he plays next season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah he's in the Allsvenskan, which is only the 2nd highest league in Sweden I gather. I don't think he's necessarily in a "jump right in to an NHL top 6" position just yet. He will probably also want to gain a bit of weight because he's on the smaller side, though I do notice this seems to be becoming less and less important these days.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Yeah he's in the Allsvenskan, which is only the 2nd highest league in Sweden I gather. I don't think he's necessarily in a "jump right in to an NHL top 6" position just yet. He will probably also want to gain a bit of weight because he's on the smaller side, though I do notice this seems to be becoming less and less important these days.
    He's doing and saying all the right things to push for a job in Vancouver this fall. That said, he's a looooong shot.

The most interesting part will be if the Canucks can convince him he's close enough to the big team to stick in the AHL to be eligible for call ups or if he heads home and plays a full season in the SHL.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hmmm... I can't help but see a future curve similar to that of the Leafs Andreas Johnson, there's no reason for him to stay in North America. If I were him, I wouldn't be in a rush to make the Canucks this year either.

My $$ is on him playing in the SEL next season (smart $$ too)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4