Thread: Good time to buy low on Dal Colle?

The Great One

Default Good time to buy low on Dal Colle?

Or is he considered a bust?

Seems like the type of kid who needs a season or two to get adjusted and then really takes off.

I could see him being close to a point per game next year in the AHL with a couple short stints in the NHL.

I don't consider him a bust, in fact, I think it's a good buy low.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Good time to buy low on Dal Colle?

Way too early to call him a bust. He had a respectable rookie season in the AHL. He's been developing a little slower than some other top picks, and maybe he doesn't have the huge upside like originally thought. But I still see no reason why he can't become a solid NHL player, top 6 type. The hands, smarts, and shot are still there.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Or is he considered a bust?

Seems like the type of kid who needs a season or two to get adjusted and then really takes off.

I could see him being close to a point per game next year in the AHL with a couple short stints in the NHL.

I don't consider him a bust, in fact, I think it's a good buy low.
    I agree with your analysis to your question. He did improve as the season went on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

an extra year, okay, two in the CHL. 1 year in AHL... far far from being a bust. If he were in the Detroit system, we're likely not having this conversation. Turns 21 in June.

I can see him making the jump next year. if h made the team out of camp 35-40pts would top my expectations
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

your analysis on dal colle is correct. he's definitely not a bust. my problem with him is that I just don't trust the islanders in developing prospects. look at ryan strome, for example. as long as they've got a lame duck owner and lame duck GM, i'm not interested in investing in players/prospects from that team not named Tavares.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes, it's a good time to buy low on Dal Colle. I bought in earlier this year, so it was nice seeing his progression as the season wore on. The Islanders have some prospects that look pretty good and once they get to know each other better they could put up some good numbers.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Master

Id buy low on him, real low, but I read somewhere that his skating was his biggest hindrance. If you can't skate in today's NHL, you can't play in the NHL. He isn't a complete bust in my opinion, but he has become a long shot to be a star.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

Totally agreed good buy low target IMO. Don't make it too public or i am not able to anymore.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Sage

No thanks. Too many reports of a lack of intensity and soft play for me. And it seems that the Islander fans don't think much of him. Maybe he is worth a flyer but I would choose someone else. So glad I was still able to get a 1st round pick for him last offseason.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

I'm buying low here. He probably won't live up to his potential but that doesn't mean he won't be a solid NHLer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm circling back, because 'buy low' on Dal Colle needs perspective. What or who are you sending back? Is it a 5th round pick in a prospect draft (12+teams?) a prospect you think little of?

It's all fine and good for us to say yes buy low, You should buy low on Brian Boyle too...

What projections of DC do people have moving forward, personally, I think he's still got 50+pt potential and a smoother trajectory than Strome. Expecting 40g 65pts... will cause migraines. It could take another 2-3yrs for him to get there... or, he could Mantha people next season and get his own hype thread (after bust/buylow threads popped up the last summer.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Id buy low on him, real low, but I read somewhere that his skating was his biggest hindrance. If you can't skate in today's NHL, you can't play in the NHL. He isn't a complete bust in my opinion, but he has become a long shot to be a star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    No thanks. Too many reports of a lack of intensity and soft play for me. And it seems that the Islander fans don't think much of him. Maybe he is worth a flyer but I would choose someone else. So glad I was still able to get a 1st round pick for him last offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm buying low here. He probably won't live up to his potential but that doesn't mean he won't be a solid NHLer.
    How I feel is a combination of all of these. It basically has to cost you nothing or next to it to acquire him. Take a flyer. Anything more won't be worth it, particularly if he doesn't reach the potential many pegged for him. Even if you do take a flyer, don't expect anything better than what Ryan Strome or Josh Bailey have given the Isles and that is after some time...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm pretty lukewarm on him myself, but he still has the ability to become a complementary top six scorer.

His absolute upside is probably Mark Stone and I doubt he gets there.

No a terrible gamble if its cheap as beans though.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Anyone taking a shot on Dal colle for say guy like Maroon? Extremely deep league...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Anyone taking a shot on Dal colle for say guy like Maroon? Extremely deep league...
    if you dont mind waiting on him and can afford to lose maroons points .

he may be used as an asset to ice a trade at the deadline so his nhl career might be somewhere other than with isles .