Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Adam Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Adam Fox is years away.

He is a horrible prospect.

Way down the depth chart.

Do not draft him.

Damn you FHG....damn you
    Pay attention all you uneducated ones, there is at least one Guru here!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Star

Yup, who would trust a geek anyway?

Maybe Ryan Ellis is a better comparable? Sick pre-NHL stats, small frame, smart game, top-end offensive skills. Took Ellis a bloody long time to arrive, and he also had a very stacked depth chart ahead of him.

Administrator

I like the comparable and it would be even better if Ellis didn't have so much hype. He was viewed as a high-end prospect and people invested heavily in him. And then they waited for a long time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Ghost was injured for much of the previous year too.. helped him fly under the radar. I had so many guys ahead of him... Idiot.....!
    see point a. (injury)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ghost never played in a WJC, doesn't pick up penalties and was low on the Flyers depth chart due to a. injury, b. higher profile/drafted prospect Dmen... That all changed with one Streit injury.

yes, write him...
    Actually Ghost did play in a WJC tourney. In 2013 to be exact. Put up 2 points in 6 games. That was the same team that had Trouba, Jones, McCabe and Mike Reilly on it.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Actually Ghost did play in a WJC tourney. In 2013 to be exact. Put up 2 points in 6 games. That was the same team that had Trouba, Jones, McCabe and Mike Reilly on it.
    I went to 4 different sites to check before posting. I see yours, turn to TSN and there it is. Thanks for the clarification. Also similar to Fox in terms of offensive performance.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    No love for Connor Murphy, eh.

I think we see a nice jump in his performance next year. Could challenge 30 points IMO.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    No love for Connor Murphy, eh.

I think we see a nice jump in his performance next year. Could challenge 30 points IMO.
    I just remembered him as more of a depth role that year, and the fact he had only 1 point kidn of backed that up. He wasn't really stopping Ghost from playing
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

The Great One

Three goals and six assists with nine shots on net in five games at the summer showcase.

Not bad for the ECAC (NCAA)rookie of the year. And a Harvard student at that.

Dobber Sports Sage

Big fan of Fox's game. Smart, crafty playmaking dman that oozes confidence and is getting better. Both his defensive play and skating have improved. Every time I see him play it makes me wish the Hawks took him over Krys last year.

Wonder if any Calgary fans think he'll stay all 4 years at Harvard? With the stacked Flames' blue line he might just decide to wait, get his degree, and pick his team. Calgary probably isn't his preferred location to live.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Big fan of Fox's game. Smart, crafty playmaking dman that oozes confidence and is getting better. Both his defensive play and skating have improved. Every time I see him play it makes me wish the Hawks took him over Krys last year.

Wonder if any Calgary fans think he'll stay all 4 years at Harvard? With the stacked Flames' blue line he might just decide to wait, get his degree, and pick his team. Calgary probably isn't his preferred location to live.
    Three years out, and based on a "Summer Showcase"? No, I'm not particularly worried.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Three years out, and based on a "Summer Showcase"? No, I'm not particularly worried.
    I don't know when you first became aware of Fox but he hit my radar when he was drafted last year.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

I don't know when you first became aware of Fox but he hit my radar when he was drafted last year.
    Has his long term projection changed between the end of his Harvard season and now? If so, you need to re-evaluate what exactly the Summer Showcase is. Should Flames fans be more worried now than they were two weeks ago about Fox staying four years? No. Should any NHL fan be worried what a draft pick of their team might do three seasons from now? No. What exactly is different now than a week ago? Really, nothing.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Has his long term projection changed between the end of his Harvard season and now? If so, you need to re-evaluate what exactly the Summer Showcase is. Should Flames fans be more worried now than they were two weeks ago about Fox staying four years? No. Should any NHL fan be worried what a draft pick of their team might do three seasons from now? No. What exactly is different now than a week ago? Really, nothing.
    You ask what has changed since the end of his season?

#1 Calgary acquired another top 4 dman and have arguably the best blueline in hockey.
    #2 Calgary drafted a dman in the 1st round who many considered to be one of the closest to being NHL-ready.

Obviously, they are a different type dman than Fox but it doesn't take a hockey expert to see that the Flames have a very deep blueline now and have several high quality prospects. It is pure speculation but it is reasonable to wonder if Fox wants to stay for his degree from one of the best universities in the world and then pick his team rather than going to a team with a crowded blueline in western Canada.

Has his long term projection changed?
    People might feel more strongly about Fox now. He just showed again that he is a very good prospect that is looking to be a steal of a 3rd round pick.

You ask what has changed since the end of his season?

#1 Calgary acquired another top 4 dman and have arguably the best blueline in hockey.
    Whose contract expires in 3 years, IE the latest Fox would be coming out.

#2 Calgary drafted a dman in the 1st round who many considered to be one of the closest to being NHL-ready.
    Who shoots left, where Fox shoots right. Not competing for the same spots, at least not under Gulutzan.