Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adam Fox

Dobber Sports Star

Default Adam Fox

Sorry to spoil the party for those of you who are trying to keep a lid on this one, but I have no idea why he's flying so damn far under the radar. He had a jaw-dropping freshman season at Harvard with 40 points in 35 GP. That's fantastic production for a forward, let alone a D!

I've been digging back through historical stats to try and find comparables to that level or production, and I'm coming up blank. Obviously they have different frames, but the only recent comparison I can find is Zach Werenski putting up 36 in 36 GP in his 18 year old season. Late birthday benefits ZW though, for sure.

Since the US National Development Program came into its own, gems like this are becoming more prominent.

I'd suspect that the release of Dobber's Prospect Guide will result in a significant bump in Fox's perceived value.

EDIT: Damn, what other bigtime scoring D does this sound like?

There are concerns about his defensive game, stemming from his size and strength. However, few defenders in this draft class are better with their stick, and even fewer spend as little time in their own zone as Player X does. He excels at getting his stick on the puck, boxing out forwards, and disrupting the carrier. While he certainly could stand to improve little areas, his defensive game is legitimately good.

Administrator

Default Re: Adam Fox

Last summer I missed out on Fox but drafted Chad Krys essentially hoping for a similar breakout year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fox went undrafted, unnoticed in my league last year... nabbed him as a UFA mid Nov along with Kaprizov. now I hurry up and wait...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

To be honest I have only seen him at the WJC and I didn't notice him all that much in term of gamebreaking talent.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think you're going to be waiting on this guy 3 or 4 years, maybe more. He's certainly not of a Werenski caliber, and he's in a crowded group in Calgary. Hickey, Andersson, Kylington, Fox are for sure the top tier, but they'll all be pushing each other for roster spots.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think you're going to be waiting on this guy 3 or 4 years, maybe more. He's certainly not of a Werenski caliber, and he's in a crowded group in Calgary. Hickey, Andersson, Kylington, Fox are for sure the top tier, but they'll all be pushing each other for roster spots.
    Who would you say is the most likely to be hopefully a fantasy stud? Kyl or Andersson?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    To be honest I have only seen him at the WJC and I didn't notice him all that much in term of gamebreaking talent.
    I agree with Ev. He didnt impress at WJC.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Who would you say is the most likely to be hopefully a fantasy stud? Kyl or Andersson?

I agree with Ev. He didnt impress at WJC.
    Pretty split in Calgary. I think Andersson is better than Kylington. Others believe Kylington is better. I think nboth are more offensively talented and further ahead developmentally than Fox.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Pretty split in Calgary. I think Andersson is better than Kylington. Others believe Kylington is better. I think nboth are more offensively talented and further ahead developmentally than Fox.
    thanks bro

Dobber Sports Master

I thought he looked okay at the WJC but it's just one tournament. He has looked darn good in college and his statistical history looks good too. Tried to find youtube clips of more than highlights and actual gameplay.. He may be a wait though and guys like McAvoy seem to be jumping the queue instead of guys like him. McAvoy doesn't have the jaw-dropping totals Fox does, but I guess his game translates better? He's looked alright in the playoff games I've watched. Even tonight looked ok. Not a flashy dominant offensive type, but smart and confident. Could make an impact but he has a ways to go to unseat Krug. By those standards, Fox has to get close to Giordano, Hamilton and Brodie before being considered an asset. I think we are far off from that. 2 years easy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Adam Fox is years away.

He is a horrible prospect.

Way down the depth chart.

Do not draft him.

Damn you FHG....damn you

Dobber Sports Deity

I drafted Fox in a couple of my keepers last summer. He looks like a promising prospect but needs to get bigger/stronger, and that will come with time.

I do agree that he's still a few years away but for those in keepers, he's worth stashing if you can afford to be patient.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I drafted 2 dmen this past entry draft. McAvoy at pick #22 and Fox at pick #51.

I think I did alright.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I was pretty high on Fox a year ago based on his USDP numbers (highest point total by a dman iirc) and U18 best dman title. His freshman year in the NCAA has really exceeded expectations. In a points only league, I think Fox is a very intriguing prospect.

I do suspect Fox's periphs will be below average as his 2 shots a game in the NCAA doesn't scream elite shot rates, he doesn't get many PIMs and he is on the smaller side so I suspect he won't be great for hits either (I don't know anything about his blks).
    16 Team Dynasty
    25 Man Roster
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 SKT, 2 G
    CATS: G, A, SOG, STP, HITS, BLK, GPT3, GAA, SV, SV%

Rebuilding... Roster is too embarrassing to show QQ

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ghost never played in a WJC, doesn't pick up penalties and was low on the Flyers depth chart due to a. injury, b. higher profile/drafted prospect Dmen... That all changed with one Streit injury.

yes, write him...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ghost never played in a WJC, doesn't pick up penalties and was low on the Flyers depth chart due to a. injury, b. higher profile/drafted prospect Dmen... That all changed with one Streit injury.

yes, write him...
    Ghost was injured for much of the previous year too.. helped him fly under the radar. I had so many guys ahead of him... Idiot.....!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck