Thread: Blow it up?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Blow it up?

So I lost in the semi finals of the playoffs this year (won the previous 2 years) and with Benn's upcoming payday I figured I would throw him on the block and see what kind of offers I would get.

So far only 2 GMs have expressed interest (don't think the other 7 have really seen it yet) but no offer on the table.

1 of the GM's happens to be the owner of both Crosby and McDavid (he lost in the finals)

Here is his team:

F - Crosby, McDavid, Marner, Simmonds, E. Staal, JVR, Anisimov, Baertschi, Duchene, Lucic, Rust, Teravainen
    D - Byfuglien, Hamilton, Schultz, Severson
    G - Dubnyk, Kuemper

My question to you Crosby and McDavid owners, is there kind of combination of players/picks on my team (in sig below) that would make you consider moving them?

I'm willing to make sweeping changes if I need to in order to acquire elite talent.
    10 Team Keep 10 Salary Cap League
    based on current salary, not cap hit

F - Benn (13.0), Seguin (6.0), Giroux (9.0), R. Johansen (RFA), Tkachuk (0.925) , Monahan (6.5), Barkov (5.25), Ehlers (0.833), Trochek (4.5), Aho (0.925), Fabbri (0.833), Guentzal (0.743), Zacha (0.925), Vesey (0.925)
    D - Letang (7.25), Klingberg (3.5), Dumba (2.75), Provorov (0.925), Orlov (RFA)
    G- Jones, (3.0), Bishop (UFA)
    F/D: 1 point per goal/assist
    G : 2 points per win, extra 2 points for shutout

6F, 3D, 1G played H2H each week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Blow it up?

I'm not sure what you mean by "blow it up", but if you're a contender, then tweaks are likely more up your alley.
    McDavid would be untouchable if you want to have a team left because of his production and cap hit.
    You can try Benn + for Crosby, but at his current salary, that may be a tough sell. Crosby also has his contract dip down in a few years, so that's another attractive piece to him. I think your time is better off spent on more realistic options, but it doesn't hurt to see what the price would be on Crosby.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Blowing it up after losing in the semifinal is a massive overreaction and the wrong decision.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

you need a cheap sexy piece to add to Benn to land Sid, forget about entry level contact Mcjesus.

Benn & Ehlers should get his attention. No point in offering Guentzel as you would want the line-mates.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Blowing it up after losing in the semifinal is a massive overreaction and the wrong decision.
    Exactly! Breathe, take a step back, wait until the real off-season starts, and re-evaluate your needs. Right now, it seems like it's pure emotion that is going to dictate your next actions...

In a keep 10, there is no way I'm moving McDavid (especially in a cap league ATM) and Crosby won't come cheap with his 8.7 hit (literally a point-per-$100k). I don't see any way you can land either of these guys without overpaying (aka blowing up your team)

EDIT: I just saw you use real salaries so Crosby is at 10.5 I think... still, I don't see his owner parting with him unless you combine your best players (Benn and a guy like RyJo wouldn't even cut it IMO... he may want the moon and that = Benn + Seguin)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Something like Benn + Giroux/Monahan/Ehlers for Crosby. It would be a sell low on Giroux though after his worst season in years.
    Perhaps dangle Guentzel as the playoffs continue, so he would still have a tie-in to Crosby's production.

.... That being said, maybe you should just hang onto Guentzel and ride that tie in to Crosby's production without having to sell the farm. It's not like you missed the playoffs. Don't blow it up if you are in contention