Thread: Rinne for Fabbri or wait for something else...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rinne for Fabbri or wait for something else...

I'm looking to shore up my goaltending for next year. Rinne was worth 80pts this year in my pool settings (2W, 1OTL, 3SO) - I doubt he hits that next year, but there is a chance he outscores Hellebuyck. I can get Rinne for Fabbri now, or wait until the draft and get a guy like Anderson, Mason, Fleury, Elliot, Lehner or Halak who are quite likely to be dropped. All carry risks, Anderson is the most interesting of the others.

Should I make the move now, or wait it out?

Thanks in advance
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rinne for Fabbri or wait for something else...

Once the Preds get through Chicago (assuming they hold on) and who knows, maybe they go farther, then I think you will see Rinne's value continue to go up. So I would hold for now. Fabbri isn't a bad piece but I think you can do better.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Once the Preds get through Chicago (assuming they hold on) and who knows, maybe they go farther, then I think you will see Rinne's value continue to go up. So I would hold for now. Fabbri isn't a bad piece but I think you can do better.
    Thanks EB- but opposite way around- my Fabbri, for his Rinne

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Dobber Sports Titan

Sorry I misread that. Tougher to call then because I agree he may not be as good next year as he was this past year totals wise. I would love to be wrong though.

I see his perceived value going up, so if goalies are traceable assets in your league, then you may be able to flip him for more once the playoffs are over. At this point though if you need goaltending Fabbri is a fair price to pay for it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would keep Fabbri.
    You listed some decent goalie options that will be available at draft, and I just don't trust Rinne. Too much of up one season and down the next. Sarrows nipping at his heels as well.

Dobber Sports Master

I would flip Fabbri in a heartbeat for Rinne. He is still the starter and I think you may be ale to flip him for more once the playoffs are over. Imagine he wins three rounds?! I generally don't advocate for a double flip but even then if it doesn't work, you get a top 8-12 established starting goalie for a promising young forward. Saros is very, very good, but he hasn't stolen the job yet. That's still beyond next year.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

thanks for the comments gents. Does anyone see Fabbri becoming 60+ in St Louis, or is he a firm 45-60 guy on that team?

I think I'm going to do the deal as Fabbri is my #12/13 forward right now, a spot that Bjorkstrand or Dvorak can fill for next year.

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    thanks for the comments gents. Does anyone see Fabbri becoming 60+ in St Louis, or is he a firm 45-60 guy on that team?

I think I'm going to do the deal as Fabbri is my #12/13 forward right now, a spot that Bjorkstrand or Dvorak can fill for next year.
    Hey... I'm as big a Fabbri fan as there is. Watched him live for his entire junior career. This kid is very good. He's going to be an offensive force on St.Louis. Who he ends up playing with may make a big difference, but I think 60 is a likely target for him year in and year out. So based on your assessment, I'd call him a 50-60 point player with a reach of 70 once or twice. Love this kid but from what I've seen in junior translated to what I've seen in the NHL, that's my expectation.

Dobber Sports Master

60 point player, yes. He is all offence. If he can regain his spot with Tarasenko, I see 60 points for sure. It's easy to forget he's still barely just 21. I really don't like the knee injury (and he's had some bad ankle injuries before) but his upside is high. I would say low 50s is his floor (he was on his way to 46 this year in a year where he struggled mightily early on) with 60 as a very likely target and room to get to 65+ in his best seasons. 70+ is awful hard to hit in this NHL.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Saw the post in email. Don't see it here but

Fabbri>Palat IMO.