Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Wow. I didn't accuse you of offending me or anyone else.

You requested the thread be shut down because YOU don't like it. Why can't you just look away? Obviously there are some people who are still interested in discussing things, so yes, you ARE imposing on us. You are trying to put your morals and preferences above the rest of ours. If you don't like the thread, just don't read it man. Why do you have to ask the mods to stop it?
    re-read my post, I never said anything about my personal feelings on it. Stick to what's written. Do not put words in my mouth.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

"Mods... I think it's time to turn comments off on a thread, while share/post worthy has run it's course and does not require any further comment.

Can we put this to rest?"

Translates roughly to: "I think this thread is over now, so please turn it off"

What am I missing?

Dobber Sports Jedi

"Mods... I think it's time to turn comments off on a thread, while share/post worthy has run it's course and does not require any further comment.

Can we put this to rest?"

Translates roughly to: "I think this thread is over now, so please turn it off"

What am I missing?
    My personal feeling on the topic Einstein.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    My personal feeling on the topic Einstein.

Dobber Sports Wizard

At least he died doing what he loved - killing people.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Wow. I didn't accuse you of offending me or anyone else.

You requested the thread be shut down because YOU don't like it. Why can't you just look away? Obviously there are some people who are still interested in discussing things, so yes, you ARE imposing on us. You are trying to put your morals and preferences above the rest of ours. If you don't like the thread, just don't read it man. Why do you have to ask the mods to stop it?
    Agreed.

When I don't like a thread, I stop reading it. I have never asked for something to be shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    At least he died doing what he loved - killing people.
    Nice. I am just glad the taxpayers don't have to pay to keep him alive in prison for the rest of his life.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

if he played for the Leafs this thread would be 14 pages by now and going strong.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    if he played for the Leafs this thread would be 14 pages by now and going strong.
    Now now!

He'd also be a kept member of "The Storm" in WHL.

Figured I'd beat you to The punch.

Dobber Sports Titan

3 notes found in the cell. I would actually really like to see them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

His brain is donated to Boston U for CTE tests

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Are you suggesting that he wasn't a thug and the media created his perceived persona?

I think he was a thug and was a terrible human being. I don't believe there was some grand conspiracy from the media to portrait Hernandez unfairly. Have you heard any of the stories about him from his Florida days? The guy had a history of being a really bad person.
    I'm suggesting I don't know, and that those who claim to cling to anecdotes that fit their preconceived idea of who he was. I'm saying human behavior is far to complex for me to even attempt to dissect it. I'm saying, as an adult male I don't like to sit around a camp fire and judge other people who aren't in the room or who I have never met face to face.

That's not to say that I am innocent of such things. Just that I do my best to avoid diving in to the fray. Feel free.

EDIT: He made very bad life choices. That much is apparent. He should pay his due for such choices as we all do. I read an interview with his brother, and I came away with the impression that he allowed himself to get caught up in bad situations with bad people. He was a pleaser to a fault. That's not to take away his culpability for any outcome. Just to say that I don't believe he was the gangsta sociopath many seem bent on portraying him as.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

There is a rumour now that has come out that AH killed Lloyd because he knew AH was bi and was making fun of it or AH didn't want it to come out because of his fiance. I don’t know how true this is at all tho. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3087455

Apparently the suicide notes found said it, and a large amount of cash moved to someone’s bank account right before he was arrested could have been a “keep quiet payment”.

Also, I don’t know how “People Pleasing” can be the reason for shooting someone in the face for spilling a drink on you, allegedly. I do think he got caught up in some bad people when he went to Florida. But 4 shooting investigations in 6yrs….one of which was when he was 17yrs old, he got caught up in something and prolly could have liked being tough and intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There is a rumour now that has come out that AH killed Lloyd because he knew AH was bi and was making fun of it or AH didn't want it to come out because of his fiance. I don?t know how true this is at all tho. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3087455

Apparently the suicide notes found said it, and a large amount of cash moved to someone?s bank account right before he was arrested could have been a ?keep quiet payment?.

Also, I don?t know how ?People Pleasing? can be the reason for shooting someone in the face for spilling a drink on you, allegedly. I do think he got caught up in some bad people when he went to Florida. But 4 shooting investigations in 6yrs?.one of which was when he was 17yrs old, he got caught up in something and prolly could have liked being tough and intimidating.
    Let's not cherry pick sentences from my overall point and apply a literal definition to them. He had a dark side. Obviously. But he's not going to be MY scapegoat on which i project my own less than stellar tendencies buried in the deep recesses of my brain just to make me feel better about myself.

As I have said, it's a tragic tale. I didn't know the man.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I'm suggesting I don't know, and that those who claim to cling to anecdotes that fit their preconceived idea of who he was. I'm saying human behavior is far to complex for me to even attempt to dissect it. I'm saying, as an adult male I don't like to sit around a camp fire and judge other people who aren't in the room or who I have never met face to face.

That's not to say that I am innocent of such things. Just that I do my best to avoid diving in to the fray. Feel free.

I see you like using the phrase preconceived. There are reasons why we have these "ideas" about him. My idea of the guy is based on reports of his behavior I have read from multiple sources. The guy has been violent since he was a freshman in college and I will judge someone on their behavior. I don't need to know their life story to know the guy was violent and dangerous. The guy was a convicted murderer. It's a good thing that he is no longer a free man since the odds are he'd hurt someone else.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I see you like using the phrase preconceived. There are reasons why we have these "ideas" about him. My idea of the guy is based on reports of his behavior I have read from multiple sources. The guy has been violent since he was a freshman in college and I will judge someone on their behavior. I don't need to know their life story to know the guy was violent and dangerous. The guy was a convicted murderer. It's a good thing that he is no longer a free man since the odds are he'd hurt someone else.
    Um...ok.
    @SmittysRant