Thread: Tavares+ for ovi+ in a cap league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tavares+ for ovi+ in a cap league

Been offered ovi, quick and t.jo for my Tavares, Schneider and jenner in my salary cap dynasty. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Full cats without toi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Tavares+ for ovi+ in a cap league

in a league that has hits/sog Ovie is still one of the best even with a shitty 30 goal season, then Quick > Schneider, Krug is better then TyJo but would go Ovie/Quick > JT/Schneider any day, take this deal and run
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ahh, meant Jenner, not Krug. Too many trade talks going on lol I'll edit it

- - - Updated - - -

Ovi's contract is an extra $4m and this season has me worried.

Dobber Sports Sage

Simplified, to me this trade is ovi vs Tavares.

I think I'll be in the minority but I like JT coming into his prime. Fully recognize ovi could. have a bounce back year and being the multi cat stud he is. I just am not prepared to write JT off of an 85+ point season just yet. Plus I really like 27 year olds and JT hits that next September.

I pass.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Simplified, to me this trade is ovi vs Tavares.

I think I'll be in the minority but I like JT coming into his prime. Fully recognize ovi could. have a bounce back year and being the multi cat stud he is. I just am not prepared to write JT off of an 85+ point season just yet. Plus I really like 27 year olds and JT hits that next September.

I pass.
    Agreed for the most part. Schneider and Quick is a close one at this point; a lot of variables on both sides. I'm mostly focussed on the two guys at the top of the trade.

The gap has narrowed on SOG between JT and Ovi. You also have the age difference to consider - not saying Ovi is declining by any means but he will head downhill earlier than JT most likely. Who would you bet to get more points next season? I think I'm taking Tavares. Also a BIG factor to consider is Ovi going to the Olympics no matter what. He could sewer a few teams if he's one of the lone stars who goes to the 2018 Olympics and misses a few weeks of NHL games. And the contract, at the moment, is far more than JT's.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

How do the caps/contract status compares? Tavares is cheap for what he does right now but will be paid in a years timen...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

$9.5 for ovi for the next 4 years, vs JT at $5.5 for this year before heading into a new contract.
    I was thinking Quick would come out ahead, but I guess the way kopitar is playing they may be out of the playoffs for a while. NJ is just a disaster though too.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think this is a win for the Tavares side next year due to the bargain contract and the Ovie olympic parade, etc. However, Tavares will be making 9M+ on his new contract, so after next year, I would prefer the Ovie side.

Looking at the smaller parts though, I very much dislike TyJo in this setup, and think he's going to be a 40 point centre without peripherals that's making 5M. Jenner on the other hand likely won't be making 4M, and he is a great player to own in this setup. If you take them out, then I would take the Ovie/Quick side of the deal.
    If they are in the trade, then I would hold Tavares and enjoy the bargain contract for the year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)