Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you cheer for other Canadian teams in the play-offs?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Do you cheer for other Canadian teams in the play-offs?

Was watching the Toronto vs Washington game and people couldnt believe i was cheering for washington and someone made a comment "what youre not cheering for the canadian team?" i said no i didn't pick any toronto players in my pool.

Banned

Default Re: Do you cheer for other Canadian teams in the play-offs?

No. Don't care about any other team and won't watch playoffs if my team is out

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    No. Don't care about any other team and won't watch playoffs if my team is out
    i feel the same way. ill watch but won't cheer more for a certain team. just hope for good hockey

Administrator

I don't understand the need to cheer for other Canadian teams just because they're located in Canada.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I cheer for the Maple Leafs. End of story. This whole "Canada team" stuff is stupid. They're named after cities. Why does no one ever bring this up to Buffalo - they should be cheering for NYR - or Philly fans should be cheering for their Pennsylvania rival Pens.

As a Leaf fan, I take heat from fans of 29 other teams. I am not a turncoat. Go Leafs.

I will cheer for my individual pool players and their team to win, but that's financial motivation - nothing more.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont cheer for other Canadian teams. If anything, I probably cheer against most of them because I don't like most of the other ones. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont cheer for other Canadian teams. If anything, I probably cheer against most of them because I don't like most of the other ones. LOL!
    LOL same. if the leafs were the last canadian team i would be rooting against em. can't stand kadri or hyman

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am in the same boat... I don't have any favour for any of the Canadian teams... so I usually cheer against them.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I often find the "Canadians should cheer for all Canadian teams" to be a theory of casual to non-hockey fans. As an Oilers fan I don't cheer for any other Canadian teams specifically because they are Canadian.

I was cheering for the Flames because I wanted a Battle of Alberta in the second round. I have a soft spot for the Senators because they are a similar market to Edmonton both in terms of City size and being the little brother to Toronto and Montreal. I am not cheering for the Leafs.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Giant

I'll cheer for my team (Montreal) until the very end. I also have 2 teams that I like and follow throughout the year (Pittsburgh and Winnipeg) so I am cheering for the Pens as well this year (and would have for another Canadian team in Winnipeg if they made it).

If/once the Habs are out, I may cheer for a Canadian team if they make it to the Finals vs any team other than my 3 favorite teams. Otherwise, a team is a team and hockey is hockey.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Every yr I cheer for the Leafs through the season and they are my team. But when it came to playoffs I kinda picked up cheering for Lightning, and Caps because Leafs were always out. Other than that i just have fave players i like watching.

Can't bring myself to cheer for a rival because they're Canadian. I rather cheer for a Canadian than a Canada located team. Like last yrs cup final I was really impartial. But seeing Jumbo Joe and Burns win was in the back of my head. But also Kessel winning was cool as a person who liked him as a Leaf and thought he got a bad wrap there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

I cheer for a good ol hockey game.

Canadian teams or not.

The Wolverine

I'm a Flames fan originally from Ottawa.

I don't cheer for the Oilers, Canucks or Leafs.
    Neutral feelings towards Winnipeg and Montreal.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I often find the "Canadians should cheer for all Canadian teams" to be a theory of casual to non-hockey fans. As an Oilers fan I don't cheer for any other Canadian teams specifically because they are Canadian.
    This.
    Its band wagon jumpers that thump the 'you should be cheering for X Canadian team'. I am an Oiler's fan first and Jets/Sens fan a distant second. The better the Leafs and Flames get, the more I cheer for the OTHER team!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't understand the need to cheer for other Canadian teams just because they're located in Canada.
    Im with him. If I like the team more, I'll cheer for them.

This question reminds me of the Van/Boston Cup where all of my mild hockey fan friends couldn't believe I was cheering for Boston from the outset. As the series went on they started to see why myself and a lot of others didn't like that Canucks teams, and they all ended up cheering for Boston. Poor Luongo.