Thread: Kevin Hayes for Jonathan Drouin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kevin Hayes for Jonathan Drouin

I'm in a pretty deep keeper league, and I'm looking for some moves for the offseason. I love Jonathan Drouin; I see him being a quick, creative player with a lot of star power and potential, and I'm looking to acquire him, but I only want to do it if it's a smart deal. Do you guys think this is a good deal for me?

To me: Jonathan Drouin
    To them: Kevin Hayes, Samuel Morin, 2nd rounder this year, 1st rounder next year

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kevin Hayes for Jonathan Drouin

Welcome to the forums!
    Just as a note, the more info you add the better to your posts. Wondering what your categories are. Depending on those, I think this is a big overpayment for Drouin. I would probably start discussions with either Hayes straight up for Drouin, or Hayes plus the second rounder or Morin depending again on league setup and categories.
    I'm also assuming that your draft picks are mainly just entry level picks due to the depth of your league.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Welcome to the forums!

As Eskimo Brother mentioned... the more information you provide, the better more informative responses you will receive.

I also agree that is an over payment for Drouin, but Drouin is a player that I would like to invest it. If you can do for Hayes and a 2nd rounder or Hayes and Morin and a 3rd rounder, I would do it.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd also like to start by welcoming you to the forums.

I'm with Eskimo Brother here in that it is a bit of an overpayment as it stands right now. I'd be comfortable if you could get him to drop the 1st round pick as I'm OK with a bit of an overpayment for a player with such great potential as Drouin.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the picks I'm talking about are just entry-level picks, I'm not huge on prospects, I've heard this year is a subpar draft, and I like flashy guys more than shutdown guys like Morin. I'll definitely take your advice though, I'll try to take out the 1st overall pick next year at least, thank you so much!

for skaters it's based on like points, hits, plus/minus, faceoffs, blocked shots, power play goals, shorthanded goals

Dobber Sports Titan

Before we get ahead of ourselves, the reason I want to wait for the categories first, is because as a RW eligible player, Hayes has some great value in league counting FWs. So with that, it is possible that a couple of different stats could really sway the value of these two players.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Okay, so with face offs as a category, I like Hayes' value close to Drouin's. Is this an offer that you and the other GM are discussing, or have you just thought it up but not approached him yet? If you haven't approached him yet then I may be inclined to try it straight up first, and see what the other GM thinks. If that doesn't fly, then you can start adding in the second, Morin, or both.

My other point is this draft is viewed as weak because there is no McDavid/Matthews type talent at the top. Picks 5-20 could be just as solid as any other year. So I wouldn't be devaluing that second round pick too much just yet. You also are likely to get more value for it the closer to the draft that you actually wait. This is due to people hearing about certain players and getting overhyped on them and then overpaying for the need to draft them. There is much more value to a second round draft pick when there is a name attached.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I told him I was interested in Drouin and he proposed that offer; he likes Drouin a lot but so do I! I'll work on getting him to drop the first at the least, but if not I won't be afraid to walk away. Also, I didn't realize that about the draft, I might rethink my plan to liquidate my picks haha xD Thank you so much!

Dobber Sports Titan

Drafts are just so tough to really project. We know there's no McDavid because those guys are so much easier to forecast, but past that it's a lot harder to say at this point.
    Keep us posted on the trade discussions though, but if he's requesting that off the bat, then it may be tough to get a deal from him that you're both happy with.

Dobber Sports Ace

I mainly agree with what EB said. Hayes has some value with FOW etc.

BUT..I also look at this as can KHayes be replaced rather easily with not much downgrade? Drouin has the potential to be a star. Sometimes you need to pay for those. In this scenario, you're not really giving up the farm, per say.

I'd prolly do that, but I'd want to remove the 2nd or get a KHayes light type back

Dobber Sports Icon

I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Hayes can probly be replaced off the waiver wire or free agent pool or whatever terminology your league uses. I wouldn't be too worried about the picks especially for next year as you can work your way back into a first rounder through trades if youre savvy.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW)
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-
    NTP - Leonard, Perrault

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4