Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guentzel/top pick

The Great One

Default Re: Guentzel/top pick

I would trade Guentzel and a 2nd rounder in 17 for Nolan/Hischier any day of the week.

You can even keep Labanc.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Hype train out of control IMO.
    lol love it. I agree somewhat, but I do think Guentzel is going to be a very good player. If he gets you 60+ in the next two years and it takes Patrick or Hischier 3 years to get even close to those totals, is it not worth keeping Guentzel? Jeff Angus used to say to never plan your fantasy team beyond a 3 year window and it is a rule with which I could not agree more.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    lol love it. I agree somewhat, but I do think Guentzel is going to be a very good player. If he gets you 60+ in the next two years and it takes Patrick or Hischier 3 years to get even close to those totals, is it not worth keeping Guentzel? Jeff Angus used to say to never plan your fantasy team beyond a 3 year window and it is a rule with which I could not agree more.
    If he does he is obv. worth it. I simply doubt it and tend to stay away from hyped players that are influenced by linemates.

If i am 100% in compete mode for next year and my time is ripe Guentzel is the pick, but think there will be other options you can get with a Nr.1/2 draftpick. Otherwise i take the pick and let someone else take the risk.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is Guentzel this years Ghost? I mean... settle down. He's good, going to be good, but, agree with Guru. This is getting nutty. If you hold the top 2 pick and you're getting this offer now. What kind of offer are you going to get post-draft, post rookie camps when the media really starts hyping them?

even if this is the right deal, it's strategically the wrong time. You'll get more in Sept.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Labanc and I like Hischier.. Those two would tempt me to move Guentzel, but only if I was a rebuilding team and even then..

Guentzel played at a 68 point pace in his first half season in the league and looks like an easy bet to break 60 as a sophomore.

Patrick and Hischier won't sniff that for at least a couple of seasons and neither have tremendous offensive upside, especially Patrick who projects as more of a second line centre.

Side A for me please.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.