Thread: Trade Gallagher for a draft pick REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade Gallagher for a draft pick REP

Hey Guys,

i'm playing in a 20 team multicat h2h league. Team is in my signature. I have to make some trades during the summer, I have 31 players, need to go down to 27. Would you trade away Gallagher for this year's 7th overall pick (prospect draft)? Is this worth it for me?
    Team:

--------------------20 team, weekly H2H, multicat--------------------
    C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Toews, W.Karlsson, Lundell (start 4)
    LW: Guentzel, Giroux, Landeskog, Ehlers, Benn (4)
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Teravainen, Palmieri (4)
    D: Klingberg, Rielly, Hamilton, Trouba, Sergachev, Gudas, McNabb, Hakanpaa (6)
    G: Lehner, Fleury, Petersen, Swayman (2)
    Prospects: Turcotte, J.Quinn, L.Hughes

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade Gallagher for a draft pick REP

If you're in contention, then no I wouldn't.
    Actually I don't think I would either way.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

You've got a good team with 20 teams in your league. Id only do it if you plan to drop Gallagher as one of your bottom, if say you weren't able to trade anyone. I don't see him as a bottom guy you should Be dropping and unlikely the 7th pick this year is going to help you anytime soon. I'd hold.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Though I get the logic but in a 20 team keeper Gallagher is worth more than 7 and the guy you don't drop IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm tempting to do this, if i have no other options, but i can wait. Who would be your drops at this point? I have to cut 4.
    Team:

--------------------20 team, weekly H2H, multicat--------------------
    C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Toews, W.Karlsson, Lundell (start 4)
    LW: Guentzel, Giroux, Landeskog, Ehlers, Benn (4)
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Teravainen, Palmieri (4)
    D: Klingberg, Rielly, Hamilton, Trouba, Sergachev, Gudas, McNabb, Hakanpaa (6)
    G: Lehner, Fleury, Petersen, Swayman (2)
    Prospects: Turcotte, J.Quinn, L.Hughes

Dobber Sports Titan

Turris, Marchessault and Palmieri would be my first 3 drops. In that case though I may be more inclined to move Gallagher for the #7 pick. Didn't know you had to drop a bunch of guys anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Giant

Assuming you can't make any trades, I would drop:
    Marchessault
    Coyle
    Sergachev
    Muzzin
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Assuming you can't make any trades, I would drop:
    Marchessault
    Coyle
    Sergachev
    Muzzin
    Ooof. No way would I be dropping Sergachev in a 20 team league that is this deep. You could trade him to a rebuilding team for some immense value.
    Muzzin I am also high on going into next year. His first half was poor, but he picked it up in the second half, and he is great for multicat leagues.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Ooof. No way would I be dropping Sergachev in a 20 team league that is this deep. You could trade him to a rebuilding team for some immense value.
    Muzzin I am also high on going into next year. His first half was poor, but he picked it up in the second half, and he is great for multicat leagues.
    The only reason I put Sergachev there is because I said "assuming you can't make any trades". Totally agree with you though, the kid should become a staple on the Habs blue line for years to come, but I don't think it happens next year (the main reason for me dropping him here).

He's got a win-now team in a 20-team league; I tried to keep the optimal players in place. Coyle is solid but I preferred Palmieri's consistency so I kept him over Coyle.
    Muzzin had a down year but he also had an above-his-pedigree season the year before; I'd rather take the chance of seeing how Trouba can continue to be part of the Jets's solution on the blue line hence why I kept him here.
    As for Marchessault, he came out of the gates on fire but slowed down his point output as the season progressed. He still managed to reach the 30-goal plateau, but I'm hesitant in trusting him to repeat that. He would be an easy sell-high for me but I'm assuming trades are not involved here.

I guess the only one that really bothered me here was Sergachev but all things considered, I don't see it wise to hold on to a "prospect" if he has to be counted on as a full-time player unless he's a generational, sure-bet talent.

Nonetheless, I get you reaction as I had the same cringe when I was typing in some of those drops
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    The only reason I put Sergachev there is because I said "assuming you can't make any trades". Totally agree with you though, the kid should become a staple on the Habs blue line for years to come, but I don't think it happens next year (the main reason for me dropping him here).

He's got a win-now team in a 20-team league; I tried to keep the optimal players in place. Coyle is solid but I preferred Palmieri's consistency so I kept him over Coyle.
    Muzzin had a down year but he also had an above-his-pedigree season the year before; I'd rather take the chance of seeing how Trouba can continue to be part of the Jets's solution on the blue line hence why I kept him here.
    As for Marchessault, he came out of the gates on fire but slowed down his point output as the season progressed. He still managed to reach the 30-goal plateau, but I'm hesitant in trusting him to repeat that. He would be an easy sell-high for me but I'm assuming trades are not involved here.

I guess the only one that really bothered me here was Sergachev but all things considered, I don't see it wise to hold on to a "prospect" if he has to be counted on as a full-time player unless he's a generational, sure-bet talent.

Nonetheless, I get you reaction as I had the same cringe when I was typing in some of those drops
    Completely fair. My view was that I saw Turris' value as more replaceable being a C and having had some injury issues. Palmieri to me may be consistent, but his name seems to command a little more than I think he's actually worth, so that's why he was on my list. Coyle I can understand as well.

The Great One

Shop shop shop... Have to think other pieces can return better value
    Experience is the teacher of all things.