Default Re: Who is Dallas' goalie next year

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Won't matter with that defense
    Exactly.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Stars have around $21.5M in projected cap space for next season. They'll need to re-sign their RFAs Ritchie, Faksa, Janmark, Oleksiak, Nemeth and Lindell. None of them will break the bank, so let's say $5.5M total. That leaves them with $16M.

Buying out Lehtonen would save them $3.3M while Niemi would save them $3M. So let's say they have $19M now. Bishop would probably get $6M, so that leaves them with $13M to re-sign or replace Sharp, Hudler and Hemsky. Their current top-6 forward group without those three would include Benn, Seguin and Spezza and not much more, so they need some scoring depth. But they also need another solid D-man, and those guys are expensive.

So I guess what I'm saying is, they could add Bishop but that would leave their skater group a little thin. It's definitely possible they hope young players can step up and provide the needed scoring depth, though.

If they buy out Lehtonen or Niemi and give Bishop $6M, they'd have over $13M of cap space tied up to goalies. But I guess that's not so much worse than $10.4M tied up to just Lehtonen and Niemi.

The Great One

Nice write up ^

I don't see them buying out a goalie and then signing another one at a similar price.

If I had to guess right now Id say Lehtonen is the starter next year. He played the majority in the back half of the season by a fair bit.

And for those knocking their defence. It's only going to get better; can't get much worse. Very young D. Besides Hamhuis their next oldest D is 25 and a rookie.

If I was Dallas I'd give Vegas a 2nd rounder and say take Niemi, please.

That $4.5M should be able to get you an Alzner type D.

Dobber Sports Jedi

They buy one out, sign Darling to a Talbot type deal.
    Cheaper than Bishop and leaves space to add a Dman
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4