Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is Dallas' goalie next year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who is Dallas' goalie next year

With Ruff gone and Nill job I believe on the line, can't see Dallas sticking with the tire fire in net again next year. Who do you think will be in net next season for Dallas?
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Who is Dallas' goalie next year

if buying out either niemi / lehtonen isnt an option then I'd say trading one or the other to the isles for Halak could be an option for a short term fix .

Dobber Sports Deity

Who knows?

I'll guess Fleury.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bishop?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm going to go off the board and say Raanta
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another possibility: Scott Darling, who is a UFA
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hasek.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hitch - Elliott
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Guru

Originally, I would have guessed Fleury as well. But with the trouble they had the past couple of years with goaltenders, I'm guessing they want more of a sure thing instead of shelling out big money for Fleury or Bishop. So I'm guessing they go cheap and give a goalie a chance to earn a big money contract, like what Edmonton did with Talbot. I like the Rannta/Darlng guesses from above. Or maybe Steve Mason? Budaj/Bernier might also be an option.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Originally, I would have guessed Fleury as well. But with the trouble they had the past couple of years with goaltenders, I'm guessing they want more of a sure thing instead of shelling out big money for Fleury or Bishop. So I'm guessing they go cheap and give a goalie a chance to earn a big money contract, like what Edmonton did with Talbot. I like the Rannta/Darlng guesses from above. Or maybe Steve Mason? Budaj/Bernier might also be an option.
    It's hard to find a "sure thing" that doesn't cost big money. That's why they cost more money.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's hard to find a "sure thing" that doesn't cost big money. That's why they cost more money.
    Yes, that's my point. I probably could have worded it better. But I meant to say, if they are going to shell out big money, they need to make sure that goalie is a sure thing. Fleury and Bishop are not sure things.

They are better off getting a cheap guy or two for next season instead of getting a $6-million goalie that could be the next Lehtonen.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yes, that's my point. I probably could have worded it better. But I meant to say, if they are going to shell out big money, they need to make sure that goalie is a sure thing. Fleury and Bishop are not sure things.

They are better off getting a cheap guy or two for next season instead of getting a $6-million goalie that could be the next Lehtonen.
    Fair point, but cheap guys aren't sure things either. It kind of goes back to my original point. If they are cheap, it's probably because they aren't sure things. The big money goalies are paid big bucks because of their success.

It's hard to find "sure things" in goalies, especially backups. Talbot wasn't a sure thing when the Oilers got him but they hoped he would be. Thankfully it's worked out but there are probably more failures in those gambles than success stories.

And while Bishop/Fleury may not be sure things (who is that's available?) they are definitely an upgrade to Niemi/Lehtonen and if they can clear those salaries (one or both), I do think Dallas' goaltending would be upgraded with one of Bishop/Fleury.

The Great One

Has anyone seen my dart board for my dark room...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

My guess is Bishop - probably for a two year deal worth $6-6.5 per year.

Bish will sacrifice $ for another shot to be a starter. DAL will go with experience and Bishop will be only 31 yrs old next season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the replies. My gut is Dallas goes with Bishop. They have elite level players and should have done far better than they have shown. Yes a lot can be blamed on defense but the goalies have been brutal. Cheaper options they have tried with Niemi/Lehtonen and I see guys like Elliott and Mason in the same category. Elliott does make sense though with Hitch there now and the old St. Louis connection. Time will tell, but I think Dallas goes with Bishop as it will only cost them money
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk