Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draisaitl for Johansen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Draisaitl for Johansen

For the league in my sig.

I trade: Johansen, MacKinnon
    I receive: Draisaitl, J.T. Miller, Niederreiter

Would I be giving away too much top end talent? I like how many categories Miller and Niederreiter contribute in, and I feel like I'm getting the best player in Draisaitl.

Should I try swapping out one of Miller or Niederreiter for a guy like Jenner or Hoffman?

Thanks in advance!
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Draisaitl for Johansen

You're getting the best player in the deal - Draisaitl. and Miller, Nino provide more peripheral stats than Johansen/Mack do. Mack is on an awful team, taking leap above 65pts (would be a career high) will be hard.

I like this deal for you, my one question - who would be your drop or do you have room? That value needs consideration.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

It's a hefty price to pay. That extra drop comes into play here as lucafen stated.

I like MacK to come back and blister at some point in the near future and am slightly afraid that Draisaitl ends up at C on the second line, especially if/when Puljujarvi begins to mesh with McDavid on the top line. I am pretty high on Drai though.

I don't love it, but I wouldn't blame you for making the deal.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Master

An even deal in my opinion. RyJo is capable of 70 points, and MacK has the potential too. Miller had a great season, but probably topped out as far as points go, and I have never been a fan of Nino. Draisaitl is the best player, by a slight margin, but the next two best players are RyJo and MacK.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

I think this is a bit of a sideways deal (even steven). Take the players or team you like the most. As an oiler fan id take the drai side but recognize it's not a clear win.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

As already been aske who does it cost you from your bench?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    am slightly afraid that Draisaitl ends up at C on the second line, especially if/when Puljujarvi begins to mesh with McDavid on the top line. I am pretty high on Drai though.
    Draisaitl's numbers when playing off McDavid's line were still pretty excellent, and he should always be on the top PP. Not too worried about him if he goes down to 2nd line, TBH.

Go for it, Johansen picked it up this season but no guarantee he repeats. McKinnon plays for Colorado... need I say more?

Draisaitl has shown consistency and plays on a team that has McJesus. Plus, you certainly can't go wrong with both Miller & Niederreiter.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Titan

Draisaitl, MacK and Ry Jo are all around the same level. Draisaitl had a great season and the other two didn't, next year it could flip. I think you're giving up two A players for an A player and two B players. As much as I love Draisaitl, I wouldn't make the deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Draisaitl, MacK and Ry Jo are all around the same level.
    Are they, though?

MacK has 4 seasons under his belt with a career high of 63 points in his rookie season. He hasn't broken 60 in 3 years.

Ryjo has 6 seasons of experience with a career high of 71 which is good, but the past two seasons he scored 60 and 61 points.

Draisaitl has already hit 77 points in his 3rd season and as other have said, he plays with McDavid. I would be surprised if he doesn't put up 80+ at least once or twice.

Dobber's Top 300 pretty accurately reflects the difference between these guys in my opinion. Draisaitl is 14th, lumped in a grouping with Tarasenko, Karlsson, Panarin and Matthews. Elite. While MacK and Ryjo are down at 34 and 35, with the likes of Huberdeau, Drouin, Monahan, and Forsberg. All very solid pieces but not quite on the elite level.

For me Draisaitl is more of an A/A+ player, while MacK and RyJo are B+/A- players. I'd probably do the deal, personally.

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback! I haven't made a move yet..

If I had to drop someone it would be either Polak or Morin.. both valuable for hits and blocks but not game changing...

If I could get Hanifin for Muzzin is that a win for me? Or am I losing more?

Dobber Sports Titan

The rankings you're referring to are for points only leagues. If that was the case I would agree with you.
    With SOG and FOW, MacK gains a little out of the peripheries. He also can't get worse than this last season, and with the Vegas draft, Colorado has the ability to make a few trades to better fill their keeper spots. So I don't think they will be anywhere near this bad as a team next season. So points, shots, etc should all be going up for him.
    Johansen gets a big multicat advantage, and I think could add another 5-10 points next season if he can get back to shooting a little more. At worst I see him repeating this season again.
    A lot went right for Draisaitl. Next season he will either be on the wing with McD (no FOW), and yeah probably pot 80 points. Or, he'll be down on the second line at 70 points with FOWs.

I like Draisaitl, and if I had to pick one of the three, then it probably would be him. What I am trying to say is that I don't see MacK or RyJo as very far behind Draisaitl for the purposes of this deal.

Also in this league I would prefer Muzzin. I really like Hanifin, but the multicat advantage here is too high to be parting with Muzzin just to get younger.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The rankings you're referring to are for points only leagues. If that was the case I would agree with you.
    With SOG and FOW, MacK gains a little out of the peripheries. He also can't get worse than this last season, and with the Vegas draft, Colorado has the ability to make a few trades to better fill their keeper spots. So I don't think they will be anywhere near this bad as a team next season. So points, shots, etc should all be going up for him.
    Johansen gets a big multicat advantage, and I think could add another 5-10 points next season if he can get back to shooting a little more. At worst I see him repeating this season again.
    A lot went right for Draisaitl. Next season he will either be on the wing with McD (no FOW), and yeah probably pot 80 points. Or, he'll be down on the second line at 70 points with FOWs.

I like Draisaitl, and if I had to pick one of the three, then it probably would be him. What I am trying to say is that I don't see MacK or RyJo as very far behind Draisaitl for the purposes of this deal.

Also in this league I would prefer Muzzin. I really like Hanifin, but the multicat advantage here is too high to be parting with Muzzin just to get younger.
    Good call. I missed the SOG and FOW part. My reading comprehension is dragging a bit on this Friday afternoon. lol

We narrowed the trade down more, now it's...

My: MacKinnon and McAvoy
    For his: Draisaitl

I would hate losing a stud defense prospect, but is it worth it to acquire Draisaitl? I fee he could be a consistent 80 point player with Mack being a 65 point player..

Would love any input I can get!

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I think you are giving up on MacKinnon too early at the cost of losing McAvoy but you have to do what you think is best for your team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."