Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is DUCKS PP d-man in Playoffs?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Who is DUCKS PP d-man in Playoffs?

Do they have a #1 now with Fowler out 2-6 weeks? We have a 19 franchise 10 player per franchise draft tomorrow. We pick 15th in 1st round and expect lots of Caps, Hawks, Pens and Big Oil to be gone by then. So we are kind of looking at Ducks and/or Wild.
    As none of the Ducks d-men have done much points wise this year we may not go that deep into the Ducks to warrant taking a d-man. If we did, who would he be?

Vatanen had .34 ppg season and has 2.33 min PP his last 3 games.
    Theodore had .26 ppg " and has 3.58 " " " "" " "
    Montour had .22ppg " and has 2.41 " " " " " "
    Lindholm had .30ppg " but not much PP.
    No Letangs or Karlsons here. And Ducks PP was pretty mediocre this year at 18th.

Any thoughts on which one...or don't even bother with any of these guys (keeping in mind 190 players will be drafted).
    Goal 1, A 1, Goalie Win 1 plus 1 for Shut out. And we would go with a goalie if available.

Appreciate any insight, opinions. Will Rep where can. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Who is DUCKS PP d-man in Playoffs?

Vatanen to start, but don't be surprised if Theodore takes over after a few games if Vatanen struggles to make points appear.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Vatanen to start, but don't be surprised if Theodore takes over after a few games if Vatanen struggles to make points appear.
    This.

Vatanen has the most talent but man, what happened to that guy this year?.... I think Theodore is going to get a loooooooooooooooooong look. They really like him.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Another post to agree with Bottlenecker TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks very much for replies guys. If we get that far into Ducks roster Vatanen will be 1st Duck D. Sorry Sulla and Bottlenecker, unable to REP you.

Dobber Sports Master

A minute into the game vs. Calgary, and Theodore has a PP assist. Maybe Theodore won't have to wait on Vatanen wasting time on the man advantage...

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    A minute into the game vs. Calgary, and Theodore has a PP assist. Maybe Theodore won't have to wait on Vatanen wasting time on the man advantage...
    Well, we figured that Duck's d-men would be available late...and ALL of them were. b4 our last pick, 183rd overall, we checked the stats and saw Ducks up 1-0. Saw Theodore had a PP assist. So, against the advice received above, we picked him instead of Vatanen. Hey, it's a point...from our last pick.

As we thought, obviously, lots of Caps, Hawks and Pens went early before our 1st round 15th pick. We'd hoped we might have a shot at Getzlaf at 15 but some schmuck who comes for the meal and trades all his late round picks for a few early picks so he can go home early, took Getzlaf at # 5 overall. Shit. Anyway, we proceeded to take Ducks...Kesler, Perry and Gibson were our 1st 3 picks.
    Silfberburg was going to be our next pick but the team just b4 us took him. So we took Dubnyk, then RASK as our secret pick, then Rask again as our 5th rounder. Then, Hanzal, Zucker, Stafford, Vatrano, and Theodore.
    On paper, it looks like a relatively crappy team but if the Ducks, Wild and Bruins can get out of the 1st round we will be in decent shape. Rats, as of 1/2 way through 3rd..Getz has 2 points...but Theodore still on PP1.

I love this sh!t lol.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cool, Theodore with 2 points tonight. Who needs Getzlaff..lol.

Dobber Sports Ace

Looks like this years coming out party is for Theodore. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Since drafted him this season and he did nothing so I traded him away.

Now he'll end up a point/game in the playoffs
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Master

nice darkhorse to snag in a playoff draft style pool.

I definately gave him a long look when choosing my team in a pik em pool though but decided to avoid anaheim players

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Looks like this years coming out party is for Theodore. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Since drafted him this season and he did nothing so I traded him away.

I feel the same way too. If you want to do well in fantasy hockey, just watch who my team trades away, and grab that player in your own league. He is destined to become a ppg player.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post

I drafted him in the last round of a limited keeper, and I'm drooling at what I'm seeing so far.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Still have to be able to retain him in a limited keeper and let's not forget Fowler had a hell of a start to the season so let's see where he is playing in the line up come December lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Still have to be able to retain him in a limited keeper and let's not forget Fowler had a hell of a start to the season so let's see where he is playing in the line up come December lol
    Sulla, not sure what you are saying, you hope to retain him in a limited keeper for next year? Over the last 1 and 3 games he's getting the most PP1 time by a healthy margin. And he is producing to date. Maybe the playoffs are his breakout. Good luck. I'm not concerned about next December, just the next 7 weeks or so. Theodore had another point last night..3/2 (Vatanen & Lindholm-0's). The good...he is our leading scorer--the bad...as our last (10th round) pick..he is our leading scorer.
    Perry was our 2nd pick, ugh, my partner's choice. I wanted Rackel or Eaves. As Senior partner he overruled me on this one...common sense did NOT prevail LOL. Hope Perry gets off his arse.

The leader in our pool has 8 PREDATORS including Rinne and so far are running away with it. Don't think any of the other 18 Franchises took a Pred. Goalies in our pool get W-1, SO 2 more and A-1. Rinne alone has 8 points (W-2, SO-4, A-2)...our whole team has 10 points. Going to need the Ducks and Bruins to go deep to get a sniff of the $$$ this year.

The Magnificent One

Maybe this playoffs for him will be like 2013-14 for Krug? If I'm Anaheim brass, I'm breathing a bit easier by the day about the idea of trading a more veteran D in the offseason.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/