Thread: Thoughts on Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Thoughts on Robin Lehner

Just wanted to see what ones had to say on robin lehner. 16 team dynasty cap league. Current goalies are Holtby, Craig Anderson, lehner + saaros, gillies & demko in minors. lehners contract is expiring this year but we have 3 franchise tags that can be used on expiring contracts. Was thinking about using one on lehner. My 3rd stringer, just has always seemed to leave me wanting more. Sabres would seem to have an upward trajectory so thoughts on performance in next 1-2 years? Thanks!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Thoughts on Robin Lehner

What does the rest of your roster look like? Who else do you have the option of placing the franchise tag on? When do you have to make this decision? (Can you wait until he re-signs to see his contract cost?)

I am not overly high on Lehner personally and if he gets a decent raise then he looks even worse. I dont think he gets much more than what we've seen from guys like Vasilevskiy (in that $3.5M - $4M range), that's just what I think he should get but who knows with the Sabres and how the negotiations go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

This will be 7th year of the league (won last 3 years, woo lol). Players on expiring contracts are Cam Atkinson (1.95 mill), Kyle Okposo (4.6 mill), Logan Couture (4.2 million), Kevin Shattenkirk (4.3 million), Torey Krug (1.95 mill) and Lehner (750k). Strong on offense and decent on defense, we'll have our free agency this summer for available players and rookie draft as well. Tagging Atkinson and Krug since they'll be a good price still (we can tag up to 2 years, tag 1 yr adds 1 mill to contract, tag 2 yrs adds 2 mill to each year). So was a matter of that 3rd tag. Lehner would be really cheap still but yeah, I'm the same, haven't been big on him.

The Great One

I think he has shown better than we give him credit for but the Sabres as a whole haven't taken that step forward that we all expected... I guess it depends if I'm protecting Lehner over Shatenkirk or Couture so depends where I save the most money and if I can fit him I
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I mean.... he stayed pretty healthy and posted a sv% over .920 I'd say he had a pretty good year. Obviously the wins aren't there, but Buffalo is gonna be much better soon.

That being said, tagging Shattenkirk for 5.3 million looks like a solid move as well depending on what your league and teams cap looks like. Maybe you can re-sign Lehner as an FA since it seems he's still pretty undervalued.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar