Thread: Do NHL playoff teams have to set their rosters for playoffs and...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Do NHL playoff teams have to set their rosters for playoffs and...

...if so, where can I find this info?
    Have a 19 franchise draft on thurs, 10 picks per franchise, so go deep into rosters. Don't want to pick someone who is not going to play lol.
    If rosters are set would really appreciate any info on this. Thanks. Will REP where I can.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Do NHL playoff teams have to set their rosters for playoffs and...

I think as long as players are on the reserve list for a team, then they are eligible. Not sure where you could find those lists though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

The other issue is the call ups - pretty sure that once the trade deadline is passed that you can only make four recalls until the end of the season - not sure that resets in play offs or how emergency call ups for injury impacts it too
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

No limit on call ups, no limit on salary.

The rules for NHL playoffs are almost non-existent when it comes to this stuff. They don’t even do team wide drug tests in the playoffs, just random no-notice tests on some players.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for replying guys. Appreciate you taking the time. At 190 players being drafted we start getting into many non-household names which makes me uncomfortable near the end of the draft. Probably switch over to known players from lesser teams near the end. Sorry EB and Sulla, tried to rep but can't.
    2014, never would have guessed things were so loosy goosy regarding playoff rosters but can kind of see it due to the high number of games in a short period of time which could lead to tons of injuries to a team.