Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Kucherov one of my keepers?

The Great One

Default Re: Is Kucherov one of my keepers?

There are some nice pieces around that spot but depends how many go back in so I take the bird on the hand and keep Kucherov... Would love to keep Guentzel in the 10th too... You are potentially swinging for the fences there (though of like to see who was taken last year there too)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Robbie View Post
    1 Carey Price, Mon G
    2 Alex Ovechkin, Wsh RW
    3 Patrick Kane, Chi RW
    4 Jamie Benn, Dal LW
    5 Sidney Crosby, Pit C
    6 Patrice Bergeron, Bos C
    7 Connor McDavid, Edm C
    8 Joe Pavelski, SJ C
    9 John Tavares*, NYI C
    10 Henrik Lundqvist, NYR G

ROUND 2
    11 Steven Stamkos*, TB C
    12 Nikita Kucherov, TB RW
    13 Blake Wheeler, Wpg RW
    14 Erik Karlsson, Ott D
    15 Anze Kopitar, LA C
    16 Nicklas Backstrom, Wsh C
    17 Evgeni Malkin, Pit C
    18 Pekka Rinne, Nsh G
    19 Claude Giroux, Phi C
    20 P.K. Subban, Nsh D
    Ya, assuming most of these are kept anyways, I like Kuch over your first.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

I see what you are dealing with now, hahaha

While I do consider Kuch to be a 1st round pick, even in a 10 man league, part of the assumption is that people would be giving up their 1st round pick to keep players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Price, etc.
    If you have a shot at some of those all stars, I wouldn't be so sure to lock in Kucherov

Do you know when you would be drafting (position)? If this years draft is anything like last years, you will have some premium options available first round, so I'd be willing to let Kucherov go.
    Also: Guentzel is a must at 10th

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    I see what you are dealing with now, hahaha

While I do consider Kuch to be a 1st round pick, even in a 10 man league, part of the assumption is that people would be giving up their 1st round pick to keep players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Price, etc.
    If you have a shot at some of those all stars, I wouldn't be so sure to lock in Kucherov

Do you know when you would be drafting (position)? If this years draft is anything like last years, you will have some premium options available first round, so I'd be willing to let Kucherov go.
    Also: Guentzel is a must at 10th
    I will be drafting 10th/11th in a snake draft (Champion!)

Actually, Those drafted in the first round cannot be kept, so those 10 will all be available, as well as Wheeler, Malkin, Giroux (I own those three and would keep Kucherov over them) and most of the other second rounders. I'm imagining the 9 in front of me go McDavid, Crosby, Kane, Ovechkin, Karlsson, Backstrom, Price, maybe another goalie if someone's desperate. Burns, Marchand, Hedman, Matthews, Laine, Holtby, Bobrovsky are keepers for other teams.

I think with Malkin missing the playoffs AGAIN, there's a chance I could snag him at 11 if I want. Then I wait and see what dregs are left at 30/31.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    The guy in 5th must have been ecstatic to have Crosby fall that far.
    Ironically, that was an autodraft team. The computer did not show any evidence of ecstasy while making the pick.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Dobber Sports Giant

Ironically, that was an autodraft team. The computer did not show any evidence of ecstasy while making the pick.
    lol
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Go figure, AI is getting smarter all the time!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

YES!

that is all.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    (though of like to see who was taken last year there too)
    Because anyone grabbed off the waiver wire costs a 10th round pick to keep, looking at who came off the board in the 10th in any year tells you less about what quality of players remain than who didn't get drafted that year and then broke out.

To answer your question, I'd just say that the top 95-98 or so players will be gone (9 rounds plus a few who should be in the top 90 being kept in later rounds) with probably 20-22 goalies gone, slim pickings at wings, and some solid D remaining. A few years ago (after his great season), Chris Kunitz went around the 3rd or 4th, I think, so Iwould imaging Guentzel will not slide to the 10th. Werenski, or someone close, might. But is Guentzel's true value over replacement better than Werenski's?

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes for me after seeing lasr years list. Keep him.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just out of curiosity, how do the draft rounds get assigned to the players?

And yes, I would be keeping Kuch. He's a beast on a very offensive team.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how do the draft rounds get assigned to the players?
    The winner of the previous year goes lst, runner up 9th, etc. for the four teams that make the playoffs. For the six teams that miss the playoffs, they compete in the Toilet Bowl, with the winner of that tournament drafting first, second drafting second, etc. The autodraft team did not finish ahead of anyone; last year that was a human who finished 5 th out of six in the Toilet Bowl. That GM left and we were not able to replace him in time.

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh, jut realized that's not what you meant. Players can be kept a certain number of rounds earlier than they were drafted or kept the previous year. Those drafted or kept in the first round cannot be kept. Rounds 2-4 slide one round earlier, 5-7 two rounds earlier, 8-10 three rounds earlier, and all later go four rounds earlier. Anyone picked up off the wire is kept at the earlier of their normal keeper round or the 10th round. So if I draft Giroux in the second round, then drop him, and another GM picks him up, he can keep Giroux next year for his 1st round pick. (The actual situation currently - I didn't think Giroux would be worth a 1st round pick next year so I was comfortable dropping him during the playoffs.) But no one drafted Guentzel or Werenski this year, so since I picked them off the wire, I need to use a 10th round pick to keep them. I drafted Staal in the 21st round, so can keep him in the 17th, but if I had dropped him and then picked him up again, I would need to use a 10th round pick.