Thread: Final weekend, in 2nd need goalie advice!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Final weekend, in 2nd need goalie advice!

Here we are in the final 2 days. I have 3 goalie starts left which will allow me to squeeze in 4 games. I have several goalies to choose from as I stockpiled back ups for potential B2B games that could be easy wins.

I am down by 2 points and there are several possible points I can grab from my skaters today. The #1 team and me are tied for wins so I will bring him down in that category.

Here are the match-ups for the weekend:

Today:

Talbot @ Van
    Hutton @ Car
    Kuemper @ Arz

I hate that they are all road games!

Talbot has been spotty and really screwed me vs LA last week
    Hutton has been great in every start and STL have been dialed in for the last few weeks
    Kuemper is the wild card because ARZ is a mess and with no OEL that is a big hole in their D

Tomorrow:

Allen vs Col
    Brossoit vs Van
    Anderson vs NYI

If Anderson draws tomorrow game vs NYI without Tavares do I play that game over a B2B vs VAN?
    I do not know much about Brossoit and if I can trust him, I could still look @ the waiver and see what teams are on a B2B that scratched some starters if this game looks bad.

Help a guy out please. I have came in 2nd 2 of the last 3 years and 3rd the other year, this needs to be my year!!!!!!

Steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Final weekend, in 2nd need goalie advice!

Talbot if he plays
    Kuemper
    Hutton

In that order make sure you get two starts today.

Then you'll probably have to have your choice made for you tomorrow based off of who is starting.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Talbot if he plays
    Kuemper
    Hutton

In that order make sure you get two starts today.

Then you'll probably have to have your choice made for you tomorrow based off of who is starting.
    Wise words from EB. I like Hutton over Kuemper but ya...definitely make sure you get two starts today.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Since I have the same dilemma, I'm hoping we have news on Talbot's status by 7 EST. If not, I may go ahead and start the two I know are starting (Hutton and Kuemper).

For tomorrow, start Allen for sure. See if Talbot plays tonight--if he does, go Brossoit. If he doesn't, play him as your second.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Ace

- Vancouver is in full tank mode - I would not fear them.

- The Oilers are looking to finish strong and prove themselves.

- Hutton is guaranteed to start, has had good numbers and plays for a better team - it just depends on how the 'resting game' plays out.

I would scour the internet and see which goalies are starting for sure and which players are getting rested.

Here are two sites that might help in that regard: http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies/

http://goaliepost.com/

The starters for some teams have not yet been posted and this is the slowest I've seen them be.

Good luck going for the championship.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My kid had his first Rugby game today and I did not see that the Rangers benched their entire starting lineup, would have made me think about OTT today. I try to avoid OTT games with no EK playing as he drives that team.

A few nights ago I could have wrapped up a championship with my Goalies:

I played Talbot vs LA

EDM had been hot, LA had played 4-5 games and only score 2Goals and shutout twice....should be an easy win, NOPE they scored at will on my goalie.

I had Rask vs Tampa Bay...TB has been hot a hell and Rask has been up and down and was just starting a hot streak, missed a shutout!!!!
    I also had OTT on a B2B with no EK. They just got tagged up by DET the night before so I figured stay away from matchup, missed a second shutout!!!!

GOALIES ARE VOODOO!!!!!

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

8th place guy just shaved 0.5 points off my total with a Reimer shut out!!!!!!!

If I live thru tonight I will be lucky, why me

W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold: