Thread: Boeser vs Ghost

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Boeser vs Ghost

In my dynasty league I have a gm asking for boeser and Rakell for Ghost. I would be receiving ghost hoping he is truely a 45-55 point defenceman. Should I go for this? For me this trade mostly comes down to boeser vs ghost

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Boeser vs Ghost

Depends on your league's scoring - I personally think that Boeser will be good...really good. Ghost had a tough year.
    LookoutBergman 20-Team 32-man (+10 Farm) Dynasty: G,A,Pt,+/-,GWG,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blks,FOW

C: Hischier, Spezza, Shipachyov, Dvorak, D Strome
    LW: Meier, Labanc, Connor, Boedker
    RW: Oshie, Puljujarvi, Boeser, Prince, Stafford
    D: Ekblad, Matheson, Honka, Ceci, Oduya, Polak, Irwin
    G: Quick, Darling, Coreau
    F: Glass, Pettersson, Kaprizov, Gusev, Walman

Dobber Sports Deity

Can you share with us your league setup. What categories do you use and what does your full roster look like.

That being said, with no knowledge of your league setup, there's no way in hell I am dealing away Boeser AND Rakell for Gostisbehere. Why do you say this is basically down to Boeser for Gostisbehere? Why does Rakell have no value to you? Who else do you have on your roster that just scored 33+ goals?

We need more context here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

definitely depends on the league set up and the general cost to acquire point scoring d men.... I like Boeser but in most set ups I probably take Ghost
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Boeser could be a consistent 65 point player while Rakell could be a consistent 60 point player. Even if Ghost becomes a 50 point D-man (which is unlikely in my opinion), I don't really see how that makes sense.

I probably wouldn't trade even Rakell alone for Ghost but I'm just not a big fan of Ghost.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

League cats are goals 3 assits 2 then sogs blks hits are all .2, and powerplay and shp are 1. And Rakell has 33 goals on a 20% shooting percentage over a full season he'd need to shoot way more to warrent his goals. I'm leaning towards no now simply because I'm starting to see the risk that ghost doesn't become a 50 point dman which I could find cheaper 40 point guys that do more than him possibly

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree Rackell will regress some, he will still be a 20-25 goal scorer IMO so there is value there. Boeser looks legit and will get a ton of opportunity to prove it. As far as Ghost with younger better options arriving in Philly I fear he becomes the next Marc-Andre Bergeron albeit a little better.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

I prefer Boeser in a 1-1 deal TBH. kids going to be a stud regardless of him playing in Van.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    League cats are goals 3 assits 2 then sogs blks hits are all .2, and powerplay and shp are 1. And Rakell has 33 goals on a 20% shooting percentage over a full season he'd need to shoot way more to warrent his goals. I'm leaning towards no now simply because I'm starting to see the risk that ghost doesn't become a 50 point dman which I could find cheaper 40 point guys that do more than him possibly
    He's also scored those 33 goals in 70 games, so he's on pace for 39 goals over 82 games. Even when his SH% regresses, he just needs to play a full season.

And his SH% is 18.9, not 20. His career SH% is 13.1, so it's not like that's completely out of whack. With his career average, he'd have 23 goals - on pace for 27 over 82 games - so 30 goals is definitely possible next season as well.

Dobber Sports Deity

With no bump in D scoring, I don't see any reason to make this trade. I would want more than Gostisbehere for either of those two forwards independantly, let alone putting the two of them out there for Gostisbehere. Just my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Ghost will.be back to 50+ next season with a lot of sogs for a dman- too much concern over him. That being said - your league is goal weighted and im not sure id be giving up boeser AND rackell. Id consider maybe just boeser but that should be enough and im only doing that if im shoring up a hole on my backend. Im a huge ghost fan but thats a steep price...