Thread: Jack Roslovic

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jack Roslovic

I'm not a huge Winnipeg follower, and in the past couple of years they've had enough big name guys steaming out the pipe that I've never really dug into their system. Can anyone tell me a little more about this guy? What's his ceiling, when is he looking at time with the Jets and where will he have a chance to slot in? The basics...?
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Jack Roslovic

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    I'm not a huge Winnipeg follower, and in the past couple of years they've had enough big name guys steaming out the pipe that I've never really dug into their system. Can anyone tell me a little more about this guy? What's his ceiling, when is he looking at time with the Jets and where will he have a chance to slot in? The basics...?
    I watched a lot of Moose (Meese?) games this year out of interest in Kyle Connor. Roslovic looks like a smart two-way type with good hockey sense and decent defensive awareness. Those are his strengths. He is not overly powerful in any way but definitely has useful speed and certainly tenacity. I think you are looking at a Philip Danault, Mathieu Perreault type. Not a huge build, but fast and smart. I think if he turned out like Thomas Plekanec or Frans Nielsen, that's the type of player you should expect. It's what I see anyway. If Scheifele is the long-term #1 C in WPG and Little is the #2, Roslovic is the #3 and he could be the #2 when needed.

As far as timeline, I think he is NHL ready for camp next year and gets a job. He won't be overmatched in the NHL, as long as he's not asked to carry any big loads.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Jack Roslovic

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I watched a lot of Moose (Meese?) games this year out of interest in Kyle Connor. Roslovic looks like a smart two-way type with good hockey sense and decent defensive awareness. Those are his strengths. He is not overly powerful in any way but definitely has useful speed and certainly tenacity. I think you are looking at a Philip Danault, Mathieu Perreault type. Not a huge build, but fast and smart. I think if he turned out like Thomas Plekanec or Frans Nielsen, that's the type of player you should expect. It's what I see anyway. If Scheifele is the long-term #1 C in WPG and Little is the #2, Roslovic is the #3 and he could be the #2 when needed.

As far as timeline, I think he is NHL ready for camp next year and gets a job. He won't be overmatched in the NHL, as long as he's not asked to carry any big loads.
    Great assessment, I agree. He fits that mold of smart, skilled players with speed that the Jets have piled into their system over the last few years. I also agree that he's a good bet to make the team next season.