Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bishop's next team?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Bishop's next team?

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    I would say Winnipeg.

Helle is simply not a starting goalie in this league.
    Not yet, anyway. I'm betting that the Jets disagree with your assessment, and even if Helle's not quite ready for prime time, I expect he's close enough that they're not going to want to sign Bishop to the type of contract that other teams surely will.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Not yet, anyway. I'm betting that the Jets disagree with your assessment, and even if Helle's not quite ready for prime time, I expect he's close enough that they're not going to want to sign Bishop to the type of contract that other teams surely will.
    I agree with this. Hellebuyck is only 23 years old. We need to be more patient with this guy. Goalies usually take a bit longer to develop. I could see hellebuyck having a better year next season and improving every year after that. He is a highly touted prospect who was probably thrown to the wolves a bit too early.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    I agree with this. Hellebuyck is only 23 years old. We need to be more patient with this guy. Goalies usually take a bit longer to develop. I could see hellebuyck having a better year next season and improving every year after that. He is a highly touted prospect who was probably thrown to the wolves a bit too early.
    That's what I think too, thrown to the wolves to early and I don't think he is ready for that role.

If not Bishop, I think that they sign a real #1 for 3-4 years to give Helle the time to gain the crease for real.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    New York Islanders
    5 years
    $5,500,000 AAV
    he signed with dallas. should have seen that one coming.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    he signed with dallas. should have seen that one coming.
    He hasn't signed anything yet. Dallas only owns his rights to discuss a new deal. Nothing says he still wont test UFA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He hasn't signed anything yet. Dallas only owns his rights to discuss a new deal. Nothing says he still wont test UFA.
    oops i just seen that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Honestly, he should take whatever they offer him (obviously within reason). There could be no better landing spot for Bishop. The Stars still need to shore up their defensive game (not singling out the D), but as a Bishop owner, I'm pretty happy today.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Honestly, he should take whatever they offer him (obviously within reason). There could be no better landing spot for Bishop. The Stars still need to shore up their defensive game (not singling out the D), but as a Bishop owner, I'm pretty happy today.
    It depends if he's more motivation by earning tons of money and seemingly having a chance at hoisting a cup with the Stars, or testing the market in hopes of earning maybe 20% more than the tons of money and letting a lower paid goalie skate around the rink with the Cup. Plenty of players go the latter route, and who are we to tell them they're wrong in doing so.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is true, but as with Carolina and Darling, I expect that he will be signed and sooner rather than later.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Jedi

I will be completely shocked if he doesn't get a deal done with Dallas.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Done. Six-year contract worth $29.5 million US

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I will be completely shocked if he doesn't get a deal done with Dallas.
    I hold zero shock on this signing... heh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4