Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bishop's next team?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Bishop's next team?

I'll put my money on Buffalo.

6 years 48M
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Bishop's next team?

for the hell of it ill say Carolina.

dallas was rumoured too but i think they after Darling

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I bet it's going to be an unexpected team again.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'll add to the dartboard mentality here.

Philly.

If for no other reason than they aren't happy with 6'4" Mason, so go big or go home, right?
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    go big or go home, right?

Dobber Sports Master

My top destinations have already been mentioned (Philadelphia and Carolina) so I'll pick a dark horse possibility given that both of their current NHL level goaltenders are UFA this summer: Calgary. I know what you are going to say:" but Elliott has been excellent, and will demand less $$$ than Bishop". But what if Elliott's excellent run gives him a big head and desire for a big payday. Anyways, I'm not putting money on the Flames getting Bishop, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Philly was my top pick. I do think he gets less money than what's being tossed around though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

New York Islanders
    5 years
    $5,500,000 AAV

The Great One

I always think Vegas makes sense the same way Florida went after Vabiesbrouck way back when but then I look at all the good goalies that will be available to them who won't demand the same sort of pay day.... Throw me in the Philly camp
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

My guess is Calgary

Dobber Sports Stud

I thought about philly like some are mentioning, but I don't see them signing a goalie to as long a deal as bishop will want. he'll want 5-7 years, and with all the goalie prospects the flyers have, I don't see them being interested in committing to bishop for that long. plus, I don't think hextall feels their time has come yet to contend, and by the time all their top defence prospects will be nhl ready, bishop will have aged another two years, so they'll be wasting the best years of his contract. I think the flyers are gonna sign someone to a shorter deal (2-3 years), or not sign anyone and just run with neuvirth and stolarz (provided neuvirth is healthy enough).
    I think Elliott is gonna stay in Calgary. it's a good fit for all parties. they're another team that isn't gonna be interested in signing bishop to a long term deal due to the young goalies in their system. I think they still wanna see if jon gillies can be their goalie of the future, but it's looking like he isn't, and that will be tyler parsons' job one day, and he seems to be progressing much faster than recently drafted goalies usually progress.
    I don't think buffalo makes a big splash. I think lehner stays there, and they bring up ullmark full time and eventually it becomes either a time share or ullmark steals the starter's job outright. their goalie of the future is cal Petersen, and he's not that far away either. he'll be playing in the frozen four today against Denver, and if his team will win, it will have to be because of him.
    I'm sure vegas will be interested, and if he wants the most money and term, he'll go there, but assuming he also wants to win, he won't go there. anyways, they'll be getting solid goaltending out of the expansion draft (grubauer, raanta).
    I believe that darling and bishop will wind up in either Carolina or dallas. tough to tell which one goes where, but I think dallas is gonna push really, really hard to get darling. they've got niemi with a 4.5mil cap hit and lehtonen with a 5.9 cap hit next season. even if they buy out one, they've still got to deal with the other (can't see them spending so much money to buy out both). darling will come much cheaper than bishop, so I think they're gonna try their best to get him. that'll leave bishop with Carolina. although they also have two goalies signed for next season at around 3mil each. but if they've been rumored to be going after darling, that means they're still trying to find someone else. nedeljkovic is their only top goalie prospect, and he hasn't been lighting the world on fire in the ahl.
    wouldn't totally surprise me if Winnipeg made a splash since hellebucyk has had a really rough season, but I think they haven't given up hope on him and sign someone else to a shorter term to be in a 1A-1B situation (maybe steve mason). plus, they just called up eric comrie to play tonight against coluimbus - let's see how he does!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm going to go with Dallas. (via G-move with ARI)

Yes, they've got $10m+ still on books for next year (Niemi, Lehtonen), though both expire in 2018 - which makes both/either tradeable to a rebuilding team.
    think they can find a GM to take one if they throw in a sweetener (sim. to what CHI/CAR did by throwing Bickell's contract with TT).
    I think that GM is John Chayka with ARI.
    DAL/ARI have already done the Goligoski trade.
    And Chayka seems very open to trades where he takes on the cap hit/final year(s) of a contract... if he gets the prospect he wants with it.
    ARI has done this with PHI (Pronger) and DET (Datsyuk) and FLA (Bolland)... getting cond.pick/pick(Chychrun)/Crouse. *EDIT: The Pronger move was summer 2015 by Maloney.*
    I could see Chayka doing something with Domingue and then taking on one of the DAL G-tenders for a year if he gets a decent pick or prospect with it from DAL.

Dallas is clearing $12m... as Sharp ($6m UFA), Hemsky ($4m UFA), and Hudler ($2m UFA) all come off the books this summer.
    They'd clear another $4m-$6m if they can move either Niemi or Lehtonen - though both have proven so bad that DAL surely needs to add a Teravainen-like prospect to get somebody to take the G.
    The team is still have quality and the young D are emerging.
    I think they can jump right back into the thick in the West if they get Bishop, and I think the whole team knows it.

I don't see CGY as a fit, because I think Elliott has shown enough in 2017 that he'll get an extension.
    I don't see PHI as a fit because Hextall has stocked his pipeline with G prospects and I just can't see him not proving that one will pan out.
    If PHI were to shell out $8m+ for Bishop, they'll end up in the same position as TB, where all the kids (D) will become RFA-due at same time and they won't have money to pay them all.
    And, of course, the fanbase of PHI is scarred from their last big G contract... and it could be a death of Hextall if he went for Bishop and it backfired. I think he's better off trying out Stolarz/Hart/Tomek/Sandstrom.

I had speculated on LV for Bishop, just because he'd be the "face of the franchise" and Bishop in a Knights jersey is novel.
    I suppose it depends on where Bishop wants to play... if he wants to be "the face", its Vegas. If he wants a shot at playoffs and a future cup, its Dallas.
    My 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Veteran

My long shot pick: when Bishop sees that he can't hit the home run he was hoping for he follows the Ryan Miller plan and signs in Vancouver.

Administrator

My top destinations in order:

Winnipeg
    Las Vegas
    Philadelphia
    Dallas
    Vancouver
    Calgary
    NY Islanders
    Colorado
    Carolina

Dobber Sports Jedi

He's American born, born in Denver. Calgary maybe, cuz of the Rockies, but same reason Forsberg mentioned with Philly, G prospects coming up, Cgy I would eliminate - Parsons/Gillies. That said, I think Philly is more likely - yet unlikely.

I'm eliminating Wpg as well, US players don't often choose the Canada's Tundra to play.

With his birth place & previous team histories...

I gotta think Colorado is near the top, Varly & Pickardare awful, they need a goalie fix,

Dallas – needs a fix. If they don’t solve their Goaltendingthis year, Jim Nill is done – fire his @ss. He played for the Tornado’s somight have a BBQ hankering.

Is St. Louis happy with Allen? Comfortable moving forward? Iwouldn’t rule them out completely
    Ottawa, Anderson is old as f---… do you give the reigns toCondon? I think the Hamburgler’s been indulging in the free burgers for lifedeal he got from his run. I would putOttawa on this list

Vegas has to be considered, but Bishop wants to win. Theyaren’t going to win or get close in his career lifetime. Bishop going toVancouver makes as much sense to me as signing Eriksson for eternity. Justresign Miller for 2years until Demko is ready. Islanders… run with Griess & develop one of their G prospects as aback up.

Colorado
    Dallas
    Carolina
    Ottawa
    Vegas
    St. Louis
    Philly

My order
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4