Thread: Peng's 5 Tips for End of 2016-2017 Season

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Peng's 5 Tips for End of 2016-2017 Season

Unf, life has gotten busy for me and I haven't been able to post on the forums as much as I once did.
    But I still read much of the great stuff.

In my own leagues, I've still been very active right to the end of a (dismal) fantasy year.

Here's five strategies that might help some of you down the stretch in Roto/H2H.

1. Montreal (GP)
    MON is the only team that plays on the two upcoming off-nights (Wed/Fri).
    I scooped Charlie Lindgren in two leagues on Sunday and cashed in his Monday night win.
    He might get another start on Wed or Fri if Montoya isn't back and so that MON can rest Price.
    Also, Shea Weber is out, which opens up a D spot.
    Jordie Benn had been Mon's D6, but he is injured allowing Brandon Davidson to get some time.
    Now with Weber out, Davidson is pushing up to D5, getting 19min... and Nikita Nesterov is back in the line-up as D6... but he also got 1:40 of PPTOI last game!!!
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore/_/gameId/400885574

2. Cody McLeod (PIM)
    Those in the RHRS with me know that I love predicting fights in the slowly declining goon-world of the NHL.
    They are still there, mostly between West Coast teams, but when McLeod went from COL to NAS mid-season, he was coming off an injury and ready to show his "value" to his new team.
    He's been on an absolute PIM tear... and all indications, to me, said that he knew exactly where he was in the PIM standings and that he was going to make a run at the PIM total.
    He's currently 2 PIM behind OTT's Mark Borowiecki with 3 games to go.
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/p...penaltyMinutes
    I'm not sure if he gets them tonight (vs. NYI), Thu (vs. DAL), or Sat (vs. WPG).
    NYI & DAL are both without big goons right now... which means McLeod might end up just being stupid and taking a 10min major for boarding or something.
    Look for him to play really agressive - and if he doesn't have the lead by Saturday, look for a scrap between him and Chris Thorburn (WPG) which means you can rake Thorburn's PIM as well.

3. Brady Skjei (PPP)
    In shallower leagues, Shay might still be on the wire and if McDonagh rests the final rest of way, Brady might maintain the 4+ min of PPTOI he's playing.
    If you are chasing PPP, I'd go with him, especially having a game on Wed (tomorrow) when most of the rest of the league isn't playing.
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore/_/gameId/400885569

4. Plus/minus Rally
    +/- is a brutally hard stat to rally in. Most people are familar with that awful feeling of not being able to get the team trucking upwards... or by being bitten by that -10 or -11 night.
    A +10 or +11 day from your team is rare... but it can be done. Just like the keeners of daily fantasy, you basically have to pick your team and go "all in".
    Make sure you can identify a line that could play together and each be +2 or +3 for the day.
    Know your "D-Pairings" so you can double down for both.
    Know which players will be on the ice if there team is protecting a 1-goal lead and might get the token + from +/-.
    AND... AND... invest in West Coast players, the two last games of Sunday are these:
    8:30pm EST LA @ ANA [look for ANA to rest Getzlaf & Perry, possibly]
    9:00pm EST VAN @ EDM [EDM might rest a few big guns, though the youth might play]
    If they are there, look into the EDM D-pairing of Larsson-Klefbom.
    If your league is really deep, the Red Wings finish their lifespan at Joe Louis Arena with a game against the NJ Devils.
    The Wings have been relatively decent lately, and you may be able to roll the dice on a Jensen-Dekeyser or Russo-Ouellet double-down for +/- if they can whip the Devils.

5. The final NHL game of the season, my prediction: Bachman(VAN) vs. Brossoit(EDM).??? [W,SV]
    Both EDM and VAN play against each other Sat/Sun. I've picked up both these guys in RHRS and DobberPRO hoping to turn my 1gp left into a double start, which I'll roll depending on whether I need the W and/or SV vs. GAA/SV%.
    Edmonton should be giving Talbot a rest before the playoffs, which means that Brossoit should get the last start.
    Vancouver hosts at home on Saturday... usually teams will give their vet the home game, which leaves Bachman to finish the season in Edmonton.
    In a lot of leagues, both may be on the wire... so pick them both up if you've got space.
    Making that last sit/start decision for W, SV, GAA, or SV% can be super valuable.

Good luck to all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Peng's 5 Tips for End of 2016-2017 Season

Great post, Peng! I will take some of your advices
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

good advice. thanks.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Always good stuff from you, Peng!
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks Peng, I've snagged Thorburn in the RHRS now. Not sure if I'll have room for him or not, but even still it keeps him off the teams chasing me in the PIM category.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

great advice Peng...too bad I can't use it!

Administrator

With 10 GP left for my dmen I'm using the following stragegy (Yahoo):

-Dress 6 tonight
    -Dress 3 tomorrow (signed Dotchin, Nesterov and Davidson this morning)
    -Dress 6 Saturday

Total: 15 GP

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust