Thread: Hockey ''board game'' by Imports Dragon

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Hockey ''board game'' by Imports Dragon

I just picked a 2 starter sets for a hockey ''board game'' by Import Dragons. I was at my local Walmart in the sports aisle and I saw the World Cup of hockey products on clearance. They had some jerseys and other stuff but they also had some 6'' figures as well as 2'5' ones in a 3-pack starter set game.

I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a good time killer. I picked the 2 different starter packs (with Bobrovsky + Toews + McDonaugh and the other with Pavelec + Ovechkin + Ekblad). I had seen these go for $24.99 and then $19.99 last year but to my surprise, they were being cleared out for $2 a piece!! Figured I'd give it a try...

Have any of you played it before? I mean, at worst, I'll just keep the figures and toss out the game pieces if it's crap

Here's a video that kinda explains how it works:
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hockey ''board game'' by Imports Dragon

Nothing beats the good ole strat-o-matic hockey board game. I used to love playing that with friends.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Which Walmart location Bass? I've been collecting a few of these products lately. Bought a bunch of the 6" world cup players for 4.99 at Jean Coutuu drugstore. Very nice product.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

Hey COD! Sorry I hadn't seen your reply earlier. Found them at the Walmart in Ville St-Laurent (on Verts Blvd) and saw them at a few Walmarts in Laval (Ste Dotothee, Rosemere and Centropolis)

As for the Jean Coutu ones, I've only seen them at $9.99 on sale... lucky you for the $5 grab as mine has some good variety (in Laval on Cure Labelle). Where are you getting them from?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

There are a bunch of games that are more fun than this one; I can now confirm that after wasting a good 30 mins trying to fully understand it and playing it with a buddy.

It's not horrible but it's also not very ''deep''.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

http://www.bigleaguemanager.com/BLM_home.html

^Best hockey board game I have ever played. Love going through it with my brother and my dad at the cottage. We spend a couple hours on one game and it's a riot.
    Gameplay isn't too far off of monopoly, but it has all the links to hockey you could want out of a board game. Best part was using a sharpie to put names of players on all the cards. Funny looking back now and seeing guys like Eric Staal as a level 9 and Phil Kessel as a level 5.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)