Thread: Yahoo's new feature for Fantasy Baseball

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Yahoo's new feature for Fantasy Baseball

I just noticed the cool new feature that was added to Yahoo's fantasy baseball platform; the batting order! It's not a game-changer, but it can still help a manager make a quick decision if an MLB team decided to make some last minute changes to their lineup.

Basically, it's a small green circle with a number in it next to a batter's name (same area as the green checkmark that appears next to a pitcher's name when he's starting). For example, N. Arenado has a 4 in the circle whereas C. Seager has a 2. Hopefully they get the order correctly; will have to monitor it over the next few weeks.

I'll try to post a screenshot later if I have a chance.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Yahoo's new feature for Fantasy Baseball

I agree it's a fun little feature and will help us keep on top of lineup changes through the season. Probably won't make too much of a difference.
    I did notice a lot earlier today that there were some players who showed up with the red x beside their name indicating they weren't playing but the lineup just wasn't released yet. Something to watch out for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

i joined my first baseball league of the year and before the draft a guy popped up and said "Hi you have the 6th overall pick, its a great pick" blah blah blah and proceeds to talk about your situation and not to mess it up. Thought that was very cool!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    i joined my first baseball league of the year and before the draft a guy popped up and said "Hi you have the 6th overall pick, its a great pick" blah blah blah and proceeds to talk about your situation and not to mess it up. Thought that was very cool!
    same guy advised me to take westbrook in a casual nba league ; good advice as I made the finals and didnt watch 1 nba game all season

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    same guy advised me to take westbrook in a casual nba league ; good advice as I made the finals and didnt watch 1 nba game all season
    Started with football like 3yrs ago
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree it's a fun little feature and will help us keep on top of lineup changes through the season. Probably won't make too much of a difference.
    I did notice a lot earlier today that there were some players who showed up with the red x beside their name indicating they weren't playing but the lineup just wasn't released yet. Something to watch out for.
    Ya this freaked me out when I saw a X beside LeMahieu and Arenado!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I love the new feature. I am in a CBS league and it also has that feature now too.

Fantasy sports creating jobs for people... I like it!