Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading for mcavoy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trading for mcavoy

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I don't think I'd move any of those forwards for McAvoy outside of Steel and maybe Eriksson-Ek.

He's a really good player but I don't see 55+ point upside which is what I would want if I'm giving up a forward who has top line potential - which most of those guys do.
    Would you for who's available after Nico/Nolan?
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

don't bother he's overvalued right now coming off a great WJC.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Would you for who's available after Nico/Nolan?
    There's two ways to look at it. You can take the deal and have a player in McAvoy who will likely play next season in the bigs and produce some points to hopefully tease for some further fantasy qualities. But realistically, I don't see him as a premier point getter and as such, his early results are likely to be somewhat limited and thus hurt his market value too.

He could go off, but I don't see it as likely.

Or, you keep the pick and draft a player like Glass, Mittelstadt, Makar maybe.. and know you won't have them in your lineup for 2+ years. However, if we're talking about their pure offensive upside long term, id take all three of those guys over McAvoy.

Also, if your league is anything like mine, a lottery-drafted player having a monster D+1 season in junior or the NCAA gets way more hype than an adapting rookie NHL'er who's not producing - Especially from the backend, where there are very few elite and tons of 'meh/good enough' - style fantasy guys.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I could be wrong here but I find the hype around McAvoy is getting out of hand.
    It is, especially since Boston would love nothing more than for him to become an all-around force, while Krug gets the easier minutes and favorable deployment plus the points that come with it. Tread lightly if you're expecting dividends, especially any time soon.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    There's two ways to look at it. You can take the deal and have a player in McAvoy who will likely play next season in the bigs and produce some points to hopefully tease for some further fantasy qualities. But realistically, I don't see him as a premier point getter and as such, his early results are likely to be somewhat limited and thus hurt his market value too.

He could go off, but I don't see it as likely.

Or, you keep the pick and draft a player like Glass, Mittelstadt, Makar maybe.. and know you won't have them in your lineup for 2+ years. However, if we're talking about their pure offensive upside long term, id take all three of those guys over McAvoy.

Also, if your league is anything like mine, a lottery-drafted player having a monster D+1 season in junior or the NCAA gets way more hype than an adapting rookie NHL'er who's not producing - Especially from the backend, where there are very few elite and tons of 'meh/good enough' - style fantasy guys.
    I agree with this quote, except the fact that he played extremely well being thrown into the playoffs immediately, and now getting good icetime at the Worlds. That's a difference between having a good D+1 year and something a little beyond it.

Based on your guys listed, for pure offensive upside (but I will add risk to the equation) you like that group ahead of Vilardi/Hesikanen at #3?
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

The Great One

I would trade the 3rd overall.

Not moving Keller or Boeser- maybe pool party but thats a dangerous gamble. Id have no problem with Ek or Sam Steel.

On your team I might try to sell Wennberg- hes a huge sell for me. Ridiculous sh%, virtually no sogs, team headed towards regression, propped up by pp. This was a dream year for him- I wonder if that starts a conversation? Maybe sweeten it with a later pick? Not the first. Also i think Stepans in tough to ever have a true breakout with all that talent there. Id be trying both and not adverse to adding something to get it done. Im BUYING the hype on McAvoy though. Some people are more skeptical but I believe in the pedigree and not sure Krug is that much of an impediment to his success...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    I agree with this quote, except the fact that he played extremely well being thrown into the playoffs immediately, and now getting good icetime at the Worlds. That's a difference between having a good D+1 year and something a little beyond it.

Based on your guys listed, for pure offensive upside (but I will add risk to the equation) you like that group ahead of Vilardi/Hesikanen at #3?
    For pure offense, yes I have the three I listed ahead of Heiskanen and Vilardi.

I'm very very high on Heiskanen as a top player for real life, but not sure of his prime aged production just yet. Vilardi's future is going to be very interesting. I think we see a monster D+1 season from him, but what I want to see is that foot speed come up a notch of two. If he can do that, he has the ability to be a quality top six centre at the NHL level. If he can't, then I suspect he's more of a winger in the show and not a truly dynamic one.

I think when the dust settles, on top of Mittelstadt, Glass and Makar, players like Suzuki, Yamamoto, Pettersson.. are all above guys like Vilardi and Rasmussen for fantasy purposes.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.