Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's losing championship week because of Dubnyk????

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who's losing championship week because of Dubnyk????

I mean this is one of the worst bad beats ever..... #1 fantasy goalie all season, probably Vezina favourite for 80% of the season, and then he completely disappears in March . I sat him for 4 straight games, regrettably played him the last game, and he's still stinking it up. I'm not talking about posting pedestrian numbers, but posting numbers bad enough to lose leagues. Over 3.00GAA and under .900 SV%, OUCH.... And to have Stalock come in and win a freebie game is even more insulting.

Gawd damn it I should just drop him and hope my opponent's stupid enough to pick him up......LMAO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Who's losing championship week because of Dubnyk????

Id be surprised if most people with Dubnyk even made the championship match. One win in his last nine? Hasn't been helping people for weeks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

yup he screwed me. my team's offense was elite all season and goaltending was my only issue so i traded tavares for dubnyk right before he decided to play like crap. if he was even average i would be in the final and would have won.

screw you dubnyk!

The Great One

Has he been worse than Holtby this week? Luckily the guy I'm playing has Holtby (even if he has Elliott trying to claw it back daily) v my Bishop and Allen
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nothing suprising here..

Top 3 most sure things to happen this season:

1. Dubnyk collapse in the last quarter of the season
    2. Malkin's injury
    3. Ovechkin scoring 30 goals again

Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Has he been worse than Holtby this week? Luckily the guy I'm playing has Holtby (even if he has Elliott trying to claw it back daily) v my Bishop and Allen
    Mannnnnn I feel like so hurt by Holtby. I get that maybe they're slowing down because 1st is in reach but cmon! My opponents have both had easyrgoalie matchups this week and all have been a W or a 2-1 loss like frigging St Louis last night.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    i have holtby in my other championship final matchup. and gibson. my opponent has price and bernier, who i think combined have let in the same amount of goals this week that holtby did last night.

and he has kane/panarin/panik who have been on fire this week. i hate h2h playoffs.

Dobber Sports Monster

I beat the team with Dubnyk and Rask last week. His goaltending totally abandoned him and it was a walkover. It was quite shocking.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Wolverine

Not championship week but I'm in the semis in a deep league against the top team. My two main goalies are Holtby and Dubnyk. His are Bobrovsky and Talbot. Somehow I'm still ahead due to my skater stats but definitely on thin ice.

The Great One

Why I dislike H2H.

One player can **** you during the worst time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Why I dislike H2H.

One player can **** you during the worst time.
    Within our year long pool (g-1, a-1) we have a $$ prize for most points each month. Lost March by 2 points. Not a goalie, but Yes I have Duchense on my roster...1 point in March, good grief, how pathetic. I'm stuck with him ROS and hanging on to 3rd place which is the last $$$ position. If I get bumped out of 3rd it will be solely because of his recent inept performance as the rest of my roster is doing well. So yea, one poor performing player can undermine a whole season even though it's not HTH.

The Great One

We had $ prizes for most points within a month, but we switched it to most points bi-weekly. We found it gives the lower teams a better shot to win some side prize money.

But back to the point, Duchene has been bad/horrible all season. It wasn't just the last week or the H2H playoffs that completely wiped your season away. He had 7 points in Feb and 5 points in January.

Yeah Duchene has been poor but the GM that was starting him has been even poorer!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im gonna be real mad if they give Stalock another go today. I know it's a B2B but my opponent would get a Stalock game if he goes today. Like the opposite of what I'm getting with Steve "won 5 of 6 but they're still going with Neuvirth" Mason.

Dobber Sports Immortal

At least Dubnyk will be playing the Avs tomorrow...barring a B2B from Stalock.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    We had $ prizes for most points within a month, but we switched it to most points bi-weekly. We found it gives the lower teams a better shot to win some side prize money.

But back to the point, Duchene has been bad/horrible all season. It wasn't just the last week or the H2H playoffs that completely wiped your season away. He had 7 points in Feb and 5 points in January.

Yeah Duchene has been poor but the GM that was starting him has been even poorer!
    Good idea about the bi-weekly competition. I'll bring it up with the Commish.

Sorry to carry on with Duchense here but have to reply. We are allowed just 6 non-injury moves per year. So it's not like we can drop/add players on a weekly or daily basis. If we could, Duchense would of been moved.

In our pool we are restricted from putting 25 historically high scoring forwards onto our 19 forward roster leaving us with a bunch of good but not Star players to choose from. Thought Duchense fit in here, he was good enough to make the WCOH roster. And I don't think "he has been bad/terrible all year". From Oct 15 to Feb 19 he was 36/52 .69 ppg. Not great but not horrible...about mid pack in scoring for forwards in our pool. Since Feb 21, 1 point in 20 games.

My management issue was primarily with my original picks...in hind site some of them pretty bad. But I did have guys here vet my roster before I had to submit it and it actually looked quite good. This is a season long points only pool BTW...not a H2H thing. Anyway, about 1/4 way into the season I was languishing in 7th/8th falling away from the leaders fast. Felt I had use some of my 6 moves to get back into the game. Which I did. Clawed my way up to 3rd but had to use all 6 of my moves (earlier than I would have liked to) to get there. My last move was just before Duchense went into his full swoon and to be honest, at that time, I didn't even think about dropping him. Who saw this 1/20 coming.

So was I a "poor GM"? I'm not sure. I guess I could of saved a move or 2 for later in the year (which I usually do) but then I would have been so far out of the $$$ I wouldn't have a sniff. If I can hang on to 3rd I'll be satisfied with my GM skills. If not...I'm totally blaming Duchense and his swoon lol. The fight for 3rd is very close. Every point counts. If he had managed even a lousy 6 points in March (the 2nd worst of any forward in the pool) I think I would be pretty confident right now about finishing 3rd. Here's hoping he breaks his slump and gets a few points ROS.