Thread: Was not able to draft properly; How did I do?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Was not able to draft properly; How did I do?

I was stuck at the restaurant yesterday evening when a buddy of mine texted me that our draft was to be begin in 5 mins. I was under the impression that it was to be conducted later (10:30pm ET), giving me ample time to get back home, crunch some numbers and draft comfortably on my laptop.

Problem is that the commish set it for 10:30pm GMT (AKA 6:30pm) since he's in that timezone...

I quickly went on my iPhone, pulled open the page and made the best of a sticky situation (drafted every player myself, but needed to go back and fort to read info on certain players all while looking up every now and then and talk with the people I was out with)

Anyways, my question to you guys and gals is, How Did I Do? Standard Yahoo H2H league with 12 teams:

C- E. Gattis
    1B- T. Frazier
    2B- B. Dozier
    3B- N. Arenado (was a keeper for me)
    SS- C. Seager (was a keeper for me)
    LF- A. Duvall
    CF- J. Upton
    RF- J. Bautista
    U- J. Donaldson (was a keeper for me)
    U- C. Gomez
    B- K. Calhoun, Y. Tomas, B. McCann, J. Pederson

SP- C Kluber (was a keeper for me)
    SP- S. Strasburg
    SP- R. Porcello
    RP- R. Osuna
    RP- C. Kimbrel
    P- A. Sanchez
    P- D. Price
    P- M. Estrada
    B- Z. Wheeler

I know I'm K heavy on offense (bad) and that my batting avgs may not be the best. I also see that I may lack some speed (SB) and some Saves with my 2 closers (but I plan on picking up whoever gets the first call up as I do every year). I won last year so I feel the need to deliver. Hopefully my team is not as bad as I think it is
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Was not able to draft properly; How did I do?

Definitely not as bad as you thin, but I would for sure be looking into getting a speedy outfielder.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s all about inseason adjustments, but having 2 catchers is unneeded. Get rid of one for someone early. You have a ton of pop in your lineup, so trading or replacing a guy like Pederson could be an option. Wheeler is coming out of the pen I think isn’t he?

Osuna could have some early season struggles. Guy has barely pitched this pre-season and can’t keep the ball in the yard. They have leaned on him a lot in his career, and could be finally cracking. God I hope not, but I can see him having some early season struggles.

I think you’ll be fine.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the feedback guys! Will definitely look for some speed from the waivers. As for 2 catchers, I think McCann is the only player I did not draft as I don't remember selecting him (I know he was on my queue, but I had already drafted Gattis). Saves tend to drive me nuts on a yearly basis. Every time I draft multiple closers (like more than 3, I always end up wasting a pick because half of them get replaced early on).

Anyways, I truly appreciate the input. Not many eyes in the baseball forums but I'm glad that those that do chime in are very knowledgable! Quality over quantity
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Immortal

Assuming Saves is a category, I would also drop Wheeler for an extra closer if any are available. Unless it's a weekly lineup league, then I understand.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Assuming Saves is a category, I would also drop Wheeler for an extra closer if any are available. Unless it's a weekly lineup league, then I understand.
    No weekly lineups, but no clear-cut closer left either. 2-3 mangers out of the 12 usually go heavy on closers and end up dropping them when they get replaced by the next in line (due to injuries, cold streaks, ...) I tend to be one of those and I am just tired of getting burned.

Hopefully i will be able to swopp up a few of them (the newly emerging ones) in the early weeks/months and carry them all-year long.

As for Wheeler, he was my last overall selection. I kept him in my queue until the end. I have a funny feeling that he will come back strong... very strong actually. Fingers crossed!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just came out yesterday that Blake Treinen will be closing for the Nationals. Could be a good add for you if still available in your league
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    No weekly lineups, but no clear-cut closer left either. 2-3 mangers out of the 12 usually go heavy on closers and end up dropping them when they get replaced by the next in line (due to injuries, cold streaks, ...) I tend to be one of those and I am just tired of getting burned.

Hopefully i will be able to swopp up a few of them (the newly emerging ones) in the early weeks/months and carry them all-year long.

As for Wheeler, he was my last overall selection. I kept him in my queue until the end. I have a funny feeling that he will come back strong... very strong actually. Fingers crossed!
    Keep an eye on this site for closer news:
    http://closermonkey.com/
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Keep an eye on this site for closer news:
    http://closermonkey.com/
    thanks for the link OG!

Minors: