Thread: Do I sit Price?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do I sit Price?

8 divisions 120 team league..4 left including myself.

Complicated scoring system so for easy math i will simplify it .I have 10 point lead in my semi final where goal and assist is 1 point and goalie win is 2 and shutout is extra 3.

His goalie are Talbot,Bernier, and Allen.

Mine are Talbot,Bernier, and Price.

Strange but teams from different divisions playing off.

Price has a great matchup but if I play Talbot and Bernier it blocks him from gaining any goalie points and his skaters will have to outscore mine by 10 by Saturday night.

He will get Allen tomorrow night though and I have no goalie Friday...Saturday I could do Bernier/talbot agin to block.

So sit Price and guard against a 5 point shutout or play Price and go for it?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Do I sit Price?

Oh Wow that is a good question.

My gut says to start your best goalies and go for it.

How would you feel if you just match his goalies, and then Allen and his skaters end up making the difference that let him win? While if you have started Price he would have made the difference in your favour? That would be my biggest fear.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Penguin...first place is $5000 CAD so I'm pacing here to make my decision....was really hoping talbot or Bernier would sit tonight and my decision would be made...haha

Dobber Sports Ace

Price has averaged around a .923 save percentage in his last 10 games winning all but 2 of them. He is gearing up for the playoffs and looks very much like the all-star we have come to expect. As you have stated, Montreal's schedule is fairly light compared to others. I don't know how it will factor into the equation but I wonder how hungry Stamkos will be in his return?

With that being said, I say go for it!

EDIT: WOW! $5000 bucks? good luck with your decision, that's a tough one if I ever saw one. It's good that you're delving into it a little deeper. You might as well go a little more in-depth with your question and go over your skaters vs his and see how plausible it would be that he could outpoint you there.

It's hard to bet against one of the best goalies in the league, though.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I totally see the thought process.... and I can see how it makes sense... but I always find when I do something creative like your idea it backfires.

a $5,000 decision I would be interested in seeing what everyone else has to say....

Do you feel like you have better overall skaters? If so then it might be beneficial to start the goalies he has...

$5,000 now you got me back and forth on the decision and I have 0 chance of winning money...

Dobber Sports Ace

I would suggest sending out the 'Bat Light' and calling upon some of the best around here, here is a link to the thread of the Rocky Horror Roto Show - http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...to-Show/page12

I am certain that there are others on here that give good advice but I know for sure that those guys are pretty hardcore when it comes to crunching numbers and such. Lord of the rinks and Temek are legendary around these parts for almost always being in the running for the championship in their leagues. Nothing against the others at all, just going off of what I know. If I was in the running for 5 G's that's who I would ask.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,